#1 niwi7

niwi7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

Between my brother and I the XBOX has been on from about 12 to 5 today

So at about 4:00 We start playin GTa (OFF hd) and it freezes so i was like wutever i restart the box and do it again and it freezes again (these freezes are in the middle of random gameplay)

I had played this game for a few hours the other day with no freezing

Could this be that the xbox was too hot from being on too long? I have many games on my HDD and I am very scared that It will fail and I will lose them...im getting a dvd burner for xmas so i can back them up...but I was wondering if this could be one of the warning signs of a failing HDD...what are the signs of a failing hdd?

#2 sCoTxXx

sCoTxXx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:58 PM

If you are worried about heat from excess game play, maybe look into a fan mod. Many people have done there own, I bought one off ebay for like 14$. The more air the better wink.gif . It might be possible that your hard drive is going, maybe it was just getting too hot. Sorry never had that problem. I would say that if it was working fine the other day maybe come up with some more air flow and see if that helps. Good Luck beerchug.gif

#3 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 November 2003 - 09:04 PM

Also just try cleaning out your cache files and setting your system clock. Sometimes that can solve in game lockup issues.

#4 niwi7

niwi7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (chefelf @ Nov 11 2003, 10:04 PM)
Also just try cleaning out your cache files and setting your system clock. Sometimes that can solve in game lockup issues.

thanks alot guys
how do I do this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users