#1 SpiGGy

SpiGGy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:53 AM

I have no idea how to use DVDXCOPY. I have no problems ripping my games but how do I do movies? Where do I save them?

#2 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 November 2003 - 07:49 AM

DVD X COPY=DVD X CRAPPY. My recommendation is to go with DVD Shrink. It is legal freeware available from www.dvdshrink.org. It doesn't put the stupid backup warnings on movies like DVD X COPY does and it gives you more options with what you want to remove (keep in mind most movie DVDs are too big to fit on a DVD-R so you will need to rip out the extra audio tracks, special features, ect.). It also uses almost the full capacity of the DVD-R to give you the best possible quality unlike X Copy which only uses 4.13GB no matter what. All you need to do is make sure you create a destination folder and label it VIDEO_TS (it must be labeled VIDEO_TS). If the movie requires a really high percentage of compression you can select the Deep Analysis option which takes a while but makes a huge improvement to the quality. Once it is done go into Nero or Recordnow Max and select the VIDEO_TS folder and burn it to disc. Now some DVD Players won't read the disc unless there is also an empty folder labeled AUDIO_TS along side the VIDEO_TS folder. So if you want to you can put one on there just to be safe. If the movie already fits onto a DVD-R then simply use another freeware program called DVD Decrypter. www.dvddecrypter.com All you have to do there is go in and select ISO mode and read it to the HD and then select the ISO file and write it back to the DVD-R. It is quite fast.

Edited by jesterrace777, 12 November 2003 - 07:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users