Photo

Ms Xboxdash Configured So Its Not Overwritten!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 XboxSysMods

XboxSysMods

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:01 PM

Hey guys...

Whats going on! Well lastnight I figured out how to configure your modded xboxdash.xbe so that when you boot into normal Xbox mode without the modchip on it will not be overwritten by Xbox Live. tongue.gif

Quick details...
1. I have the Xecuter 2.2 Lite Installed with the X2 4977 Bios.
2. Maxtor 120gig, 7200rpm, 8mb cache

Note: Xecuter 2.2 Lite w/ the X2 4977 Bios looks for evoxdash.xbe before xboxdash.xbe
Note: These directions already apply to a modded Xbox already!

MS Dashboard Files Needed...
1. xboxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 thats modded with the dash of your choice!
2. A newer version of xboxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata folder (Make sure these files are clean and they are not modded)

Note: You will understand why you need two files systems, dont think im crazy, lol

Evolution X Dashboard
1. If you had "Evolution X" on your C:drive as the modded dash, say good by to it...
2. Just make sure that you can FTP into your xbox cause here we go...

Loading up your new Dashboards
1. Take the newer dashboard thats not modded and load it onto your xbox. Then once that newer version is loaded reboot your Xbox without the chip on and make sure your original xboxdash works correctly. If not you did something wrong!
2. Now the dashboard thats modded which should be xboxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 has to have one quick configuration. Right click on the xboxdash.xbe file and make a quick backup copy. Now with the copy, your going to change the xboxdash.xbe to evoxdash.xbe. So now this is what your going to have...

Example: evoxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700

3. Now delete the previous EvolutionX which is labeled as evoxdash.xbe on your C:drive, but make sure your already FTPed into your Xbox.
4. Now load the evoxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 on your C:drive.

Note: Your basically going to have 2 file systems now.

Example #1: evoxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 (Modded one)
Example #2: xboxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata._________(Normal one) The file system just has to be newer than 1012a700

5. Once both file systems are loaded then all you have to do is reboot with the mod on cause remember you rebooted to check the original dash which worked!

Outcome on my machine
1. Once rebooted with the mod on you should have your "Modded Dash"
2. The modded dash will not be over written now because when you run your normal green dash with the mod off you can go into Xbox Live and take the updates cause when Xbox Live looks on your C:drive it looks for xboxdash.xbe.
3. Remember the xboxdash.xbe is pointed to the newer xboxdashdata folder so your evoxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 will not be touched at all because its labeled as evoxdash.xbe. tongue.gif

Enjoy your newly modded Xbox system. Now you have the best of both worlds. Never say anything is impossible cause its not!

XboxSysmods

#2 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:16 PM

Or you can put the modded dash in E (Hex edit xboxdash.xbe to boot in e), then use xtoolbox to mod your bios to boot xboxdash.xbe in e.

Disable your mod, now you're in the MS dash for live. You'll still have EvoX or any other dash you need for FTP or to use as an alternative.

Edited by tester123, 13 November 2003 - 04:21 PM.

#3 XboxSysMods

XboxSysMods

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:21 PM

Yes I understand but I like it this way. I figured I would help some people out who were having trouble. I like all the system files to stay in the C:drive. Everything has to be perfect and right on when I do something. But everyones different!

Thanks for the response dude!

XboxSysMods biggrin.gif

#4 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:37 PM

Putting your hacked dash in e is the perfect and right on way of doing it. You get to keep EvoX and boot into a hacked dash. wink.gif

Edited by tester123, 13 November 2003 - 04:39 PM.

#5 XboxSysMods

XboxSysMods

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:40 PM

Again... I understand but I did not want to use Evolution X anymore. I just want the look of the original dashes!

But this is the way I like to do things, But thanks for the input dude!

XboxSysMods tongue.gif

Edited by XboxSysMods, 13 November 2003 - 04:42 PM.

#6 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:48 PM

But you will have the look of the original dashes and you'll have FTP as well. beerchug.gif

Edited by tester123, 13 November 2003 - 04:54 PM.

#7 XboxSysMods

XboxSysMods

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:58 PM

Well dude I must say! You got me on that one, lololol

So if I leave evox on the C:drive im still able to use it for FTP even tho I would be using the modded dash thats booted from the E:drive. Just as long as I configure the modded dash to boot from E: Am i on the same track as you...

I understand what your saying, I just wanna make sure i totally understand. Feel free to get into deal if you like, lol

Thanks dude!
XboxSysMods

#8 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (XboxSysMods @ Nov 13 2003, 12:58 PM)
Well dude I must say!  You got me on that one, lololol

So if I leave evox on the C:drive im still able to use it for FTP even tho I would be using the modded dash thats booted from the E:drive. Just as long as I configure the modded dash to boot from E:  Am i on the same track as you...

I understand what your saying, I just wanna make sure i totally understand.  Feel free to get into deal if you like, lol

Thanks dude!
XboxSysMods

That is correct.

Back up xboxdash.xbe before you do anything to it.

Transfer your Hacked dash to e.

Using a hex editor ("HeXbe" works great), open xboxdash.xbe and search for this string.

DeviceHarddisk0partition2xboxdashdata

Now see where it says partition2? This tells xboxdash where to look for your dash files. Partition 2 means partion c.

Now edit the string to what ever drive you want to put the hacked dash in.

DeviceHarddisk0Partition1 = E
DeviceHarddisk0Partition2 = C
DeviceHarddisk0Partition6 = F

If you wanted it in e, the string would look like this:

DeviceHarddisk0partition1xboxdashdata

After editing Xboxdash.xbe, transfer it over to drive E:

To test if the dash is working before you flash your chip,

Edit your evox .ini to boot the xboxdash in drive e. Now when you choose to go to the ms dash from EvoX, it'll take you to the hacked dash. If it goes into the hacked dash then you've done everything right.

Now using XBtool, edit your bios to boot xboxdash.xbe in E:. Save it and flash your chip with this bios and flash the chip with a bios that boots EvoX from C:.

Now you can boot into EvoX, Hacked MS dash (select the bios with the dip switch) and the M$ dash (disable the mod). beerchug.gif

Edited by tester123, 13 November 2003 - 05:34 PM.

#9 XboxSysMods

XboxSysMods

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:30 PM

Thank you so much tester123 you are the man! But in all honesty the way I did it above is not wrong either, correct? But the way you do it is totally understandable. Thanks for the heads up on that. I appreciate the quick responses and inputs you gave me!

Thanks again dude,
XboxSysMods cool.gif

OH WAIT... You seem to be really good at this stuff so i might as well ask you this... Click this link and read it and tell me what you think

Xbox Games Autoadding instead of always editing the script in config file

Edited by XboxSysMods, 13 November 2003 - 05:38 PM.

#10 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (XboxSysMods @ Nov 13 2003, 01:30 PM)
Thank you so much tester123 you are the man!  But in all honesty the way I did it above is not wrong either, correct?  But the way you do it is totally understandable.  Thanks for the heads up on that.  I appreciate the quick responses and inputs you gave me!

Thanks again dude,
XboxSysMods  cool.gif

You're welcome, and yes there is nothing wrong with the way you done it. As a matter of fact... you could do it your way, then you could put EvoX on a CD and when you need FTP you could just pop in a CD and bam! You got FTP.

Actually, your way would be much more newb friendly. beerchug.gif

Edited by tester123, 13 November 2003 - 05:39 PM.

#11 XboxSysMods

XboxSysMods

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:41 PM

As a matter of fact... you could do it your way, then you could put EvoX on a CD and when you need FTP you could just pop in a CD and bam! You got FTP.

LOL thats what ive been doing. Its funny you said that. Oh I reposted a link above - can you help me out...

XboxSysMods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users