3 replies to this topic

#1 NobbyStiles

NobbyStiles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 06:53 PM

Hi.

First post for me. Like to say great job to the xbox-scene guys for a top notch site. I modded my xbox last weekend and their's no way I could have done it without the tutorials.

Anyway, I used Slayers Auto Installer 2.5 to set it up with a 120GB HDD and the FC Bios. What I want to do is install MAME. I've got MAMEoX_v0.76.1b and FTP to the XBox is sorted out but I can't work out what to do next. Do I just copy the files to the XBox and if so what destination. Also, is there anything I need to do configuration wise to the EvolutionX dashboard.

Any help would be appretiated.

Cheers.

#2 joele

joele

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:44 PM

In the end it doesn't really matter where you put the files, I have mine under e:/apps/emulators/mameox for example. Then put the roms in the roms folder under that and you need a link to the default.xbe in the menu to start mame! Although slayers users the auto menu thing where I think you just put the program in the directory i suggested and it will appear automatically in your menu under 'self installed emulators', not 100% though as don't use slayers!

Edited by joele, 13 November 2003 - 09:46 PM.

#3 room88

room88

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:33 PM

just like running mame on the pc...

Basically put all the files on your xbox.. wherever you want. I got mine under F:gamesMame

Then put all your roms in the roms folder

voila! All you have to do is figure out how to run it wink.gif

#4 noodle1009

noodle1009

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:50 AM

Just make sure you have xbes (binaries).

A lot of people who have no intention of compiling the source code download it thinking they can run raw C++ files :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users