• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marv69ca

marv69ca

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 04:03 PM

I was curious if there is a way to serperate the split screen signal so that you could use multiple screens in mulitplayer modes? Or if it is completely done in the software with no way to change it.

Thanks

#2 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:42 PM

Interesting yet valid question. The signal is not split at all. The CPU and graphic system is simply generating a image, a single image that happens to be composed off two player sections. As a video signal it's no different to any other. So, sorry the answer is no. You could split the signal to drive two displays if done actively else both TVs will suffer a lose of brightness typically down 3dB or half, but both will recieve and display a split screen image.

#3 The Timmy

The Timmy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:23 AM

yeah, I read about this elsewhere. what people would do is split the signal via y-adapter, or video device which output supported 2 or more monitors, and then cover whichever part of the screen was not theirs with cardboard or something.

if you want to spend a lot of money, go get yourself a nice video editing board, and use it to crop the top/bottom half of the video, and bring it up/down to center. and to the same for the other player....

it's A fix, but it's not THE fix.....

You think there would be a small market for devices that handel video signals in this way. they've got Digital video stabalizers for removing macrovision via analog signal.. you would think it's not that hard to design something that would split a video signal right down the middle and pass them on to 2 seperate outputs....

I think I'll look into this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users