2 replies to this topic

#1 Penance

Penance

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:31 PM

I have my original 10gig xbox hd w/ evo-x on it. My question is can I just put that in another xbox, that doesn't have a mod chip installed and has the original xbox bios, and expect it to boot up evo-x?

#2 GLaCiERDC

GLaCiERDC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Penance @ Nov 14 2003, 01:31 PM)
I have my original 10gig xbox hd w/ evo-x on it. My question is can I just put that in another xbox, that doesn't have a mod chip installed and has the original xbox bios, and expect it to boot up evo-x?

no because you'd have to unlock it to be able to use it on another xbox and unmodded xbox's dont like unlocked hd, it'll spit an error back at you and not to mention how exactly is evox gonna load since its unsigned code and thats what the modchip + bios allows you to do, run unsigned code. so in simple terms no you cannot do that.

#3 eug_one

eug_one

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:34 PM

I would venture to guess NO. One thing would be that the bios would need to have the system boot off of the evoX dash instead of the M$. . . the M$ bios would try to boot from the M$ dash rather than the evoX dash. I think even if you were to rename the evoX dash to the same name as the M$ dash, I would still think it would not work. . .it's a good question though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users