Mr Do!

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:21 AM

when putting the latest Xport emu onto me box, do i need to put the ini files on as well, or can i just run with the ini i already have?

regards

#2 XBoxgeek

XBoxgeek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:59 AM

Depends. I look in the zip file at the dates of each file. If the ini file has an old date I leave it, if it has a new date then I change it. i.e. NeoGenesis V13's ini file has a date of 24/7/03 so you can assume that nothing has changed in the file since then. The same goes with the skins.

Most of the time it is safe to just upload the xbe & read-me.

Xboxgeek

#3 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 November 2003 - 11:06 AM

You actually never really *need* to upload an INI file. If it is the first time the emulator is run, it will create one automatically with all default values if one does not exist. These default values are usually fine for most people. Whenever new items are added to the INI, they will be automatically added to the existing INI file in the E:\SAVES directory.

So basically if you have things set up the way you like, and a new version comes out with some additional configuration options, you can leave all the INI files alone and just use the defaults. If you change any of the new configuration options, they'll be saved normally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users