Photo

The 15mb Ernie.xtf Font Is From The Big Font...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bbjk

bbjk

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:00 AM

okay, to clear things up, the 15mb ernie.xtf font from the Easy Phoenix Install and the mechinstaller is the Big Fonts.

I have also tested it out too and it's seems like it still have the loop problem, and to say, it is even worst than the reloaded, plus, for some reason, after the second boot, it will not boot to the evox dashboard if i have my network ethernet cable connected to my xbox, so i have to disconnect it, then load evox, then reconnect the cable and retransfer my old reloaded font back to my xbox and deleted this worthless buggy big fonts biggrin.gifs...

so i finally figure out what the hell the font really is and i did dare to try it out too hehe biggrin.gifs...

Edited by bbjk, 16 November 2003 - 04:00 AM.

#2 bbjk

bbjk

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:13 PM

so, has anyone run into the same problem as me?

I thought since the size of ernie has increase greatly, the clock loop would be reduce but darn it, it increases!!! biggrin.gifs...

#3 yodanut

yodanut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:33 PM

No, I don't think they're the same fonts at all. For one thing they do different things. The mechinstaller font patches the MS dash in memory while bigfonts crashes and bypasses the dash. Both do have the clock loop but bigfonts attempt to set the clock while mechinstaller attempts to load it and let you set it, which appears to be a safer route. I don't believe these actions are part of the bert font, but then again I don't know much about how these fonts actually work. What is evident, however, is that though they may be similar in size they are not the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users