X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2003 - 12:13 PM

I've been searching the forums everywhere and can't find this:

Looking for an explanation of how to connect the 5 wires from the X2.2 to work with my own external switches.
I did the old school Dual colour LED's Mod with an X2 Lite to tell you when the On/off switch and Flash protect is on, a long time ago. Bought the X2.2 for my brothers and ended up frying my X2 Lite (led 12v from switch crossed Bios bank switch when installing 250g HD and it doesn't do anything now, needless to say one of my brothers isn't getting a x2.2 anymore, hah)
Well I would still LOVE to use my own switches with my own LED's (they have their own power sourced already) could someone, UBERGEEK, please let me know how to get the 5 wires from the switchs to my 3 external switches?
THANKS in Advance, I know someone should be able to make this a Tutorial

Edited by HardEight, 16 November 2003 - 12:34 PM.

#2 HardEight

HardEight

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 01:03 AM

Experts, Can this be done? I thought this should be something that would be easy to do, but the lack of any response kinda tells me otherwise.
Anyone know?
Cheers beerchug.gif

#3 s_cube

s_cube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 November 2003 - 04:10 AM

Hmmm,
This topic was one of the latest ideas I've been mulling over. I tried getting the sticky tape off the back of the external 2.2 switch to see where the traces went. I was so-so successful. Next I was going to run a multi-meter across the 5 wires to get some diagnostics but the contacts are so small I wanted to see if some tutorial/forum talk existed. Which leads me here....
I'm no expert but, anything can be done and this sounds extremely easy. I too request that if anyone has any helpful additional info that would be excellent.

I'll add on here (if need be) when I get my m-meter out and get some voltages....

me

#4 s_cube

s_cube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:43 PM

I checked it out early this morning.
pulled my external module apart and checked everything out. rather simple. +5V and gnd come into the module, and the other 3 wires are for the three switches. if you ground them they will be in the "activated" mode.
I whipped up a quik tutorial and was hoping to link to it (can't do pics here <pthbt>) but I dunno if it has surfaced yet. if you can imagine holding the module faceup (sticky down) w/ switches and LED at the bottom and the connector wires at the top, from right to left the order is:
wire 1 (leftmost)= +5V
wire 2 gnd
wire 3 protect
wire 4 enable select
wire 5 (right most) bank select

when reading the position settings on the external module, if all switches are up/on then they are all tied to ground. If any are left "floating" then they are disabled.

s_cube

#5 HardEight

HardEight

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 11:31 AM

Thanks s Cube, thanks for taking the time to do that. I am still a little surprised that no one has done this already. Well simple question and a simple answer. I'm going to wire them this week when I get my Blue/Red Led's to replace the Green/Red one's already in there. Cheers

#6 s_cube

s_cube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:28 PM

cool....

let me know how it goes. I've yet to goto radioshack and pickup some toggles. dunno exactly how I'm gonna do it though. But at least I have my x2.2lite activated w/ out that ultra brite glow from the blue led.

s_cube

#7 rms2001

rms2001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:Free DirecTV, playing with my XBox, and playing Half-Life and its mods.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:50 AM

ultra brite glow from the blue led

LOL ya, that sucker is bright. No debating that one.

#8 HardEight

HardEight

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:28 AM

Hey Cube,
I placed mine at the back using Ultra-miniture toggle switches (DPDT for the ones with the leds) and then did the Dual colour led mod to tell when the chip is on (glows Blue) and Off (glows Red) also connected a dual colour led to the Bios protect switch (just so I could have a Led on each side of the Xbox).
Since then I have added a Digital output, 7v/12v HDD fan switch and a CCFL light switch.
Not much room left so plan ahead!

Xbox Rear Switchs
Since then I have added a Digital output, 7v/12v fan switch and a CCFL light switch.
Rear Switchs2

Edited by HardEight, 24 November 2003 - 11:09 AM.

#9 s_cube

s_cube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:13 PM

nice,

thats exactly where I want to place my toggles! I tried running the external module wires through the nic port opening but almost cut the wires. Glad to see it was helpful!
I got my 'X' bios logo a nice dull-shade of blue now, so next I wanna get some nice leds to dot the outside of my box. Modding is great....

s_cube

#10 bcforn64

bcforn64

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 December 2003 - 04:06 AM

Good work on the 2.2lites but has anyone come up with the pins for a 2.2pro?

#11 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 04:15 AM

Look in the turtials I saw some stuff on toggle switches earlyer today, not sure if it is what your looking for, but it is better to look first, then post a topic.

#12 bchamble

bchamble

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:49 AM

I've been looking all over for this info. Is this the same for x2.1lite as well. I have a x2.1lite with no switch (therefore can't enable). Can I run a simple spst toggle switch to the chip to use as a on/off switch. Not sure which of the five wires to attach to. Would I attach the toggle switch to wires 2 & 4?

#13 HardEight

HardEight

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (bchamble @ Dec 4 2003, 04:49 PM)
Would I attach the toggle switch to wires 2 & 4?

Yes that is correct, But be very careful to make sure that you have the right side wire that goes into the chip. In your case you can't screw it up because Wires 2+4 are the opposites but if you wanted to wire a switch to bank select and but had the wrong side you would feed 5V right into your chip and get that lovely Burnt chip smell after turning it on!
Best thing is to test the wires while they are plugged into the chip to make sure you are reading the diagram from the right side.
It's kinda weird but Wire 4 Chip Enable will actually read 5 volts when not grounded, this is Ok.
Good luck, let me know if this works for you!

#14 bcforn64

bcforn64

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:11 PM

I am having a very hard time apparently explaining what I plan to do even in the appropiate thread.

There are >5< wires coming from the Xecuter 2.2 Lite mod chip to the front board with the switches and LED on it.

Determined to be as follows:
wire 1 (leftmost)= +5V
wire 2 gnd
wire 3 protect
wire 4 enable select
wire 5 (right most) bank select

Now I DO NOT have a Xecuter 2.2 Lite, I have an Xecuter 2.2 PRO. That chip has 8 wires coming from the chip to the front board that turns the chip on and off. Has anyone here determined which wire is which on that particular board?

- Thank You

#15 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:41 PM

There are 7 different bank selections and 1 enabe/disable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users