5 replies to this topic

#1 dayve

dayve

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:38 PM

My computer booted up the with HD inside, and it shows up in the device manager, but alas, not in "My computer". I need to get inside of it to change some files and fatxplorer freezes and closes right after it finds the hd. Oh and the drivers wont install that I got off the tools page.

What is goin on here?

#2 Intelligoth

Intelligoth

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:41 PM

That's because the drive has to be repartitioned with a file format the PC can understand. Use something like Partition Magic to wipe out and reconfig the drive as FAT32 or NTFS, then Format it. Windows should see it after that.

#3 dayve

dayve

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Intelligoth @ Nov 16 2003, 05:41 PM)
That's because the drive has to be repartitioned with a file format the PC can understand.  Use something like Partition Magic to wipe out and reconfig the drive as FAT32 or NTFS, then Format it.  Windows should see it after that.

But I need to change a file in it, so I can't reformat. I plan on putting it back in the xbox after I'm done.

Edited by dayve, 16 November 2003 - 03:43 PM.

#4 Intelligoth

Intelligoth

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:15 PM

???

Why not make an Evox Boot CD and FTP into the Xbox? Transfer the file to your PC, change it, then transfer it back. That's a lot easier than what you're attempting.

Does your Xbox have a modchip? If so, Which one?

#5 dayve

dayve

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Intelligoth @ Nov 16 2003, 06:15 PM)
???

Why not make an Evox Boot CD and FTP into the Xbox? Transfer the file to your PC, change it, then transfer it back. That's a lot easier than what you're attempting.

Does your Xbox have a modchip? If so, Which one?

Yes it does, you see what the problem is my friend was messing around in FTP and changed defaultdashboard.xbe to default.xbe so now it has no default dash so this is the only way, but now I'm trying to get HDD_Drivers to work but its missing dll's.

#6 _SCaRfaCe

_SCaRfaCe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 02:15 PM

oh this is easy.... find the missing DLLs in google and then once u do get hdd_driver running simply rename the .xbe... easy shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users