• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 gr4v3_7@yahoo.com

gr4v3_7@yahoo.com

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:49 PM

I copied a movie to my xbox with dvd2xbox, now I am wondering, what can I watch the movie with? What app? I have XBMP, and YAMP, and DVD-X2 DongleFree DVD-Player, if those wont work, what can I use?

#2 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:43 PM

why do you ask if you have not even tried? xbmp will play them fine

Edited by Scan-C, 16 November 2003 - 04:43 PM.

#3 chuddy117

chuddy117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:45 PM

When you say XBMP will play the movie, do you mean it will if you click on the individual .VOB files or that it will play the movie like its supposed to be played? I was under the impression that XBMP can't string the .VOB's together to make one movie, that you have to click on each .VOB file?

#4 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:37 PM

you have to click each vob but you can put them in a playlist in the right order and the movie will run like from dvd.

#5 chuddy117

chuddy117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 11:45 PM

I did what you said, and it worked fine until it got to the third VOB. The screen went all "pixelated" on me and it froze up. I used dvddecrypter to rip "shawshank redemption", then ftp'd the VOB's over to my videos folder. I only did the VOB's, I didn't mess with the IFO file. Should that be in there too? Thanks.

#6 shaun311

shaun311

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 07:24 AM

I don't see that the IFO would make a difrence. is there not a feature in xbmp tha will let you stack vob's so that they play as a whole. Like the playlist idea.

#7 chuddy117

chuddy117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 01:32 PM

Yes, I did add the VOB's to a playlist but it won't go past the third VOB....kinda frustrating!!

#8 mcdonaldpd

mcdonaldpd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 November 2003 - 03:07 PM

You only need the VOB files. I always play mine straight off of my pc hard drive with XBMP. The problem I have is when I get to the 2nd or 3rd VOB file my movie switches languages. I can't change any settings in XBMP to fix the problem. Otherwise, XBMP works fine for me for VOB's.

#9 chuddy117

chuddy117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:33 PM

Ohhh, ok. I'm not interested in playing them off my pc hard drive as my xbox is pretty far away. I have a 250 gb drive in my xbox so I just wanna throw all my movies on there, but as of yet I dont think there is any program to do that.

#10 GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:56 AM

You got the Xbox to use all 250GB's?

#11 chuddy117

chuddy117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 04:33 AM

Yea, I got it split between G: and F: Right now I have 83 gigs in each partition, after putting all my games, emus, apps, and 1000's of mp3's on.....and I'd like to fill the rest up with my movies!!!

#12 mcdonaldpd

mcdonaldpd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 12:22 PM

sounds like a sweet setup, chuddy. i'll let you know if i figure out the vob problem. do you think it might have been dvd2xbox that caused the pixelation problem? maybe the rip didn't go perfect.

does the pixelation thing happen on all movies or just one? try ripping it again or testing other movies to see if the problem may be dvd2xbox and not xbmp. i never had pixelation probs, my issues are audio language. but i think my problem is IFOedit (a program I use to format my movies before burning). so see if you can't isolate the problem to dvd2xbox. good luck!!!

#13 chuddy117

chuddy117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 04:32 PM

Thats the strange part, I ripped the dvd using dvd decrypter, which most of you know is a top notch program on my computer, then FTP'd the VOB's over to my xbox, I've actually never used dvd2xbox for movies. Your right tho, I should try either ripping it again or trying a different movie....I'll let ya know how it goes.

#14 mcdonaldpd

mcdonaldpd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:04 PM

sounds good. that is strange. i have never used dvd2xbox, either. i sold my xbox awhile back, and i am currently putting one together with a flashed tsop. i already d/l'ed dvd2xbox; just waiting to get my box running. i will try it out next probably. i'd say the best bet is sticking with dvddecrypter, though.

have you tried restarting the xbox and playing the 3rd VOB file (the one that is pixelated) first instead of going through the playlist? and you could ftp that file back to the pc and try to play it in cyberdvd or some other dvd player that will play VOB's. that might help, too. i'm interested in this issue b/c I mainly use my xbox as a media box to play dvd divx files on. instead of burning the movies, i was thinking about just buying huge hd's and putting them in my xbox and my pc. i always have my xbox hooked to the pc. i like having all my movies accessible without putting in a disc.

well, let me know how this works out!!!

#15 chuddy117

chuddy117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 06:06 PM

Yea, thats the only reason I bought my xbox was to use it as a media machine. I would HIGHLY recommend you get a larger hard drive....its sooooo nice. And they've really come down in price so its not really that big a deal anymore. I've just ripped The Matrix onto my pc hdd, when I get home from class I'll FTP it over to my xbox and see if that works. I'll let ya know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users