• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Yellowmann

Yellowmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:26 PM

I have installed the xecuter 2.2 pro with the new xbox 1.4 version and was flashed it with the 4979 bios. IT worked great for for awhile but then after few boot ups, its started to flash green on and off and on then red and green. It also doenst powering on to the mod screen at times or it will all be ok but wont load the games. All the lights are on and the chip works on and off. Do you think its the bios that is causing it to be not stable? OH btw I had a 120gb hard drive that was setup when I had the Matrix chip. Should I reformat the HD to reflect my new xbox v1.4 or it doesnt matter. I have games and programs on it that I dont want to loose. Please give me some suggestion and does anyone else have this problem with the new xbox?

TIA

#2 icefreon

icefreon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 08:04 PM

What version of the 4979 BIOS did you use? There are two flavors (4979.06 & 4979.67), for your situation you would need the 4979.06 with your 120 gig HD. Re-flash with that one for sure and re-try. If it worked for a while and now it dosent, check your cable and chip connections also.

#3 Yellowmann

Yellowmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

OK i will try that thanks....

#4 Yellowmann

Yellowmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 03:23 AM

I try reflashing with 4979.06 like you said but now while flashing the power to the xbox automatically time out and turns off during my flash... do you know how to diable the auto shutt off? It gets to 70% and the xbox turns off sad.gif What is going on??????//

#5 Yellowmann

Yellowmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 03:24 AM

I try reflashing with 4979.06 like you said but now while flashing the power to the xbox automatically time out and turns off during my flash... do you know how to diable the auto shutt off? It gets to 70% and the xbox turns off sad.gif What is going on??????//

#6 icefreon

icefreon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (Yellowmann @ Nov 17 2003, 05:24 AM)

Sounds like a bad contact maybe. Are you flashing it as 256k or as 1meg? Did you re-download the re-pack of the BIOS to make sure you have the right one?

#7 Yellowmann

Yellowmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 08:41 PM

Im flashing it at 1mb and yes I got the right one...but it just times out.

#8 Yellowmann

Yellowmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:25 AM

Now this is wierd...

When I boot the xbox it power up and everything works. But later I try to play again it power on then off then on then red and green. I try to power it up again does same thing..... Then I wait for awhile and try it and it all works. So what is going on here, can it be a bad flash or bios? Please help!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif

#9 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2003 - 05:29 AM

I sounds to me like your chip is installed incorrectly; check the lpc points to be sure nothing is touching something it shouldnt be.

#10 Yellowmann

Yellowmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 11:25 PM

Thanks, I will try to check all the solder points again.

#11 ICEMANMODS

ICEMANMODS

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 November 2003 - 01:11 AM

It does indeed sound like a LPC issue. Double check your solder POints.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users