#1 Spawnarius

Spawnarius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:45 AM

Hey all,
I tried running Resident Evil 3 on PCSXBOX (latest version - v10 right?).

It ran flawlessly in BIOS mode until I tried openning a door. It shows the openning of the door then I get a black screen. I can still load another savestate or access the emulator's menu but whenever I try to get past that certain door I get the same "error".

I tried the same CD image on my PC using PCSX and it ran flawlessly past the door.

->My CD image is not corrupted.

I fiddled around with settings and it turns out that if I turn on the "Inyu-whatever Battle Fix" I can get past that door and have a "fully" working game.

"Fully": Stuttering introduction FMV and stuttering introductory narration of Jill.

If I try to "fast forward" it a bit, it sounds just fine for 3 seconds and then it's all stuttering again.

Any ideas of what might save the day? I tried frameskipping etc. but didn't work.

#2 Spawnarius

Spawnarius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 12:42 PM

*BUMP* (sorry tongue.gif)

#3 Beelzebud

Beelzebud

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 12:50 PM

The same thing happened when I tried to play that game.

This is a fine example of people loading a game, seeing the title screen, and then posting on a compatability board that it works...

Thats what caused most of those pcsxbox lists to be useless. A title screen doesnt' mean it's working.

#4 Spawnarius

Spawnarius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 01:12 PM

Actually the game is flawlessly working except stuttering FMVs.
You can have non-stuttering FMVs but the game gives you a black screen when getting past certain doors.

The workaround is this - Have the Inyuwhatever battle fix off till you encounter a faulty door, when you get the black screen, save your state, exit the game enable the fix, load the state...You''ll get past the door - You can just save again, exit, turn off the fix and play again...

I dunno how many doors give you this kind of error. Only met one so far :

#5 Beelzebud

Beelzebud

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 02:42 PM

Hey thats cool. Thanks for the tip.

#6 Spawnarius

Spawnarius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 03:05 PM

NP. I wish the next version of PCSXBOX has the compatibility of the PC version one smile.gif
(/me wants to play some Tekken 3)

#7 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2003 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Spawnarius @ Nov 19 2003, 10:05 AM)
NP. I wish the next version of PCSXBOX has the compatibility of the PC version one smile.gif
(/me wants to play some Tekken 3)

Yes, but you can also use closed source plugins on the PC version.

3d acceleration aint happening anytime soon on the xbox.

#8 Spawnarius

Spawnarius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 06:22 PM

Didn't know the problem with Tekken was 3D acceleration smile.gif

#9 Beelzebud

Beelzebud

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:24 PM

It's a shame that the mystery author behind Quake 2 X didn't release those sources. I'm sure they would have helped with a 3d accelerated driver for xbox apps. Considering it uses a "Xbox Direct 3D" driver for its graphics.

#10 desertboy

desertboy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Beelzebud @ Nov 19 2003, 11:24 PM)
It's a shame that the mystery author behind Quake 2 X didn't release those sources. I'm sure they would have helped with a 3d accelerated driver for xbox apps. Considering it uses a "Xbox Direct 3D" driver for its graphics.

So does Pj64-x and that's open source. It has nothing to do with not having a directx driver.

http://home.t-online...me/PeteBernert/
Pete wrote a few graphics plugins, the windows version has one software rendering plugin (The one Xport ported for use pcsxbox) which is open source and a directx plugin (Which isn't open source). Until Pete open sources his directx plugin you've got no chance.

No you can't just use the PC plugin on the xbox (there maybe ways round this I would imagine a cross between xbmp dll loader and a 3d wrapper.

Pete does not appreciate people emailing him demanding he open source's his work.

Pete also does not advocate illegal activity (I'm sure part of the reason he won't open source his directx plugin at the mo.)

You only chance really is if the linux guys ever get 3d drivers working on the xbox then you could use epsxe and pete's linux hardware accelerated plugin.

#11 Spawnarius

Spawnarius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 12:44 PM

Unless you use Linux right?
Perhaps someone should make a lightweight Linux distro for XBOX for emulation purposes only? tongue.gif

#12 FinnTheDog

FinnTheDog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Yo, I just downloaded Resident Evil 3 and having similar problems on pscxbox (v21),
I get a title screen, start a new game, after the intro movies and the white quotes "this is m,
last...escape" I get a black screen and the game wont load and I have to reset my Xbox.
Tried the battle fixes and tweaking the frameskips modes and get the same result.
Many thanks to anyone who has had the same issue and fixed it.
Xbox origional 1.0 evox v+39?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users