Photo

Temple Of Apshai On Vicepetx (or At All)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uiibaa

uiibaa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 05:28 PM

I don't really know who to turn to about this one, since it is a very old system. But, I have the files for Temple of Apshai... I can get the disk part to run, but when it wants the tape (sometimes it freezes before it asks anyway)... it won't accept the tape image I've made with all the stuff on it. Has anyone out there got this game to work on an emulator? I'd really like to get this going on VicePETX or at least VicePET

Maybe I'm not using the right format for tape or something...

#2 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:50 PM

Given the fact that disk/tape images for PET machines are somewhat scarce on the net, there's a good chance that what you actually have is the C64 version - in which case you would need to use Vice64X.

If, however, you do indeed have the PET version, then if it does not work in the Windows version of Vice, it won't work on VicePETX. If it does work in the Windows version of Vice, but not VicePETX, then read the documentation that came with VicePETX.

I'd recommend getting the C64 version of the game, however, and playing it with Vice64X. The graphics are better and I'm sure playability would be improved as well.

#3 uiibaa

uiibaa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:44 PM

it is, in fact, the Pet version of the game. it was really really hard to find. it was stashed away on some disk image file in some archive. but it wasn't in the right format... so I converted it to floppy and attempted to convert the level files to casette (because it asks for the casette after using the startup floppy)

http://64.247.1.68/apshai.png
title screen

http://64.247.1.68/apshai4.png
freezes after this

I can't get the game to work at all on any emulator. I understand it's not VicePETX's fault or any emulator's fault. It's something wrong with making a casette file (maybe something is missing?). I know it's a long shot... but, I was just wondering if anyone out there had more PET experience than I did (and might could help me figuring out what I did wrong).

I've run into the same problem with the TRS-80 version of the game. (they weren't even in a format any emulator would accept when I found the files)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users