5 replies to this topic

#1 torridpsu

torridpsu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 04:08 AM

hey all,

when i use qwix with avalaunch i seem to have a problem. as soon as i go to send and iso to my xbox my compute restarts. the iso transfer box comes up for a second and then the computer does a hard restart. not good. qwix works fine when ftping to evox. also. i enabled the advanced avalaunch feature. i was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem.

i should note i have qwix 1.0 and the newest version of avalaunch (i checked for an update with the update option in the menu and it didn't find any updates.

i may be missing something obvious here (i tend to do that every once in awhile). if anyone can help me out, its appriciated

thanks

#2 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:27 AM

Please see this tweak, and see if that helps. If not, please tell me a bit about your machine. OS, memory, other software running on it (like any firewalls, etc.).

This is not a normal thing on a machine, and is nearly impossible for a program to actually cause. It's usually a driver or hardware failure, or even bad memory that doesn't rear its ugly head often.

#3 torridpsu

torridpsu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 11:48 PM

hey devenic,

sorry about the delay, ive been very busy. I tried the tweak, and it didn't make a difference at all. Like I said, it only reboots the system when i try to upload an ISO to avalaunch with qwix. the xbox screen changes to black with BOOST MODE ENABLED. it begins to look like its going to upload, after 5 seconds the screen and mouse freeze, and at about 10 seconds the computer just simply reboots. I can report that i have been able to create an iso from an xbox folder fine, so it seems only to be affecting the upload.

my computer

amd athlon XP 2100+ (1,800)
768mb ram
winxp
60 gig hd
2 network cards, one for the internet, one connected to the xbox via crossover cable.

if you want anymore info just let me know.

oh, i can say that i have experienced a similar problem to this with one other xbox program... i believe it was xbconnect. it would hard reboot on me right as it tried to connect to the xbox, but i realized that was because i told it to use the wrong network card, but i don't see any options like that with qwix so i don't know if that really relates.

thanks

#4 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:28 AM

Well, it does sound like a hardware or driver problem, especially if it has happened with other software. I have 2 nics in my machine and have never had my machine reboot like that except when I had a problem with a memory module; wasn't network related at all.

What kind of motherboard is it? If I put more than 512MB in mine I run into problems. Memory modules without parity can cause machines to behave very badly with no clue as to why.

#5 torridpsu

torridpsu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:52 AM

well, i'll look at the ram tomorrow and let you know. as far as the problem with the other software, that was a configuration problem on my end, because i was telling xbconnect to use the wrong ethernet card to access the xbox. it is a configuration setting within the program itself. so i don't know, its very odd, because i don't have problems when i ftp to evox, only avalaunch. but really this is just a minor problem, i get fast enough speeds without the extra boost so im not too worried, i just wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else before.

thanks again
:-)

#6 Fo Sho Kleany

Fo Sho Kleany

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:47 AM

i have a similar problem but instead of hard rebooting my comp, it freezes it, and when it does it, it freezes for about 20 secs, and responses for 20 secs, and it just happens over and over until i restart my comp, the xbox goes to the screen, saying "enable boost mode, 1 user" etc, dunno what the problem is but only happens when i upload. help plz. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users