• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 infinite6

infinite6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 06:41 AM

I am 100% new to emulators on x-box. I dont know how to do anything with it. All I want to do is play nes roms on x-box. I have fceultra and nes roms. Can someone please give me a step by step on how to do this, because im a total idiot!

Do I need to put fceultra on the xbox hdd, if so how?
Do I need to put the roms on cd-rw or hdd, if so how and where?
How do I/what do I use to put roms/fceultra on cd-rw?
And anything else I may be missing...?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

#2 Zyyke

Zyyke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:54 AM

Read this:
http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=17&t=126423
Should get you started!

And check this out:
http://forums.xbox-s...act=Search&f=17
A often overlooked source of information.
Good luck!
-z-

#3 infinite6

infinite6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:00 PM

I moved the nes and zip roms to the "xbox" directory under my E drive. I also put fceultra in that directory (as an exe). Nothing happened. Must I convert it to an .xbe? Do I need a default.xbe? If I do need to convert something how do I do it? Thanks!

#4 neverwill

neverwill

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:27 PM

Im not sure if you can convert what you already have, Im 98% sure you cant though, thats why you have to get the xbox version.

k , first of all -go to the usual places and get fceultra for the XBOX that way you dont have to change jack all. Next ftp fceultra to where ever you want it stored on the xbox hard drive (mine is in f:apps-emulators-fceultra, for eg.)

If you cant ftp then make an xiso out of the files for fceultra and just burn a cd and transfer the files using boxplorer or something like it (remembering to create a directory in whatever partition your puting it in).

NOW, to get your roms on simply ftp your unziped roms to the rom folder in the fceultra directory:
EG. f:apps-emulators-fceultra-roms

Again if you cant ftp make an xiso disk with the roms on it and do the same as above.

Now when you open fceultra from your evox menu and go to the games menu you will see all your roms.

Hope this helps.

Edited by neverwill, 19 November 2003 - 05:28 PM.

#5 mamajo

mamajo

'Forza Azzurri'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:48 PM

Why are people helping lazy morons?
I bet he doesn't even have a mod chip.
DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH!

Edited by mamajo, 19 November 2003 - 05:49 PM.

#6 gamemaster14

gamemaster14

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:51 PM

Got search?

#7 infinite6

infinite6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:24 PM

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME! I finally got it to work. My main problem was that I had fceultra for windows. After I got the xbox version it was all good. As for "mamajo"... it is better for people like him to remain quite and just be thought of as an idiot instead of opening his mouth and dispelling all doubts. ITS A FORUM!!! Don't people also come here for help? THANK YOU!

#8 Cap'nStonedMonkey

Cap'nStonedMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (infinite6 @ Nov 20 2003, 10:24 PM)
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME! I finally got it to work. My main problem was that I had fceultra for windows. After I got the xbox version it was all good. As for "mamajo"... it is better for people like him to remain quite and just be thought of as an idiot instead of opening his mouth and dispelling all doubts. ITS A FORUM!!! Don't people also come here for help? THANK YOU!

no, mamajo was right

#9 webmasterdharav

webmasterdharav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 09:02 AM

I am a newbie too. Thanks for the help neverwill. Would research for boxplorer though. Boxplorer is legal - right?
Of course , if you are willing to give more help on boxplorer and xiso, please do so! wink.gif
SAY, CAN YOU CHANGE THE XBOX HD FROM 8 GIGS TO SOME OTHER THING. IS IT WORTH THE HARDWORK FOR CHANGING IT? unsure.gif

Mamajo, email me if you want to know with what good feelings is our heart filled for you. muhaha.gif
for you, it is webmaster@reddymail.cjb.net

#10 Zyyke

Zyyke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:15 AM

Good to hear that things worked out infinite6. Happy emulating laugh.gif

QUOTE (webmasterdharav @ Nov 21 2003, 11:02 AM)
I am a newbie too. Thanks for the help neverwill. Would research for boxplorer though. Boxplorer is legal - right?
Of course , if you are willing to give more help on boxplorer and xiso, please do so! wink.gif
SAY, CAN YOU CHANGE THE XBOX HD FROM 8 GIGS TO SOME OTHER THING. IS IT WORTH THE HARDWORK FOR CHANGING IT? unsure.gif

One of the main points of this forum is to help n00bs with emulator-related questions. Other software related questions belong in their appropriate forum!

But to give you a quick answer:
1. NO
2. YES
3. YES

-z-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users