#1 whydidigetbanned

whydidigetbanned

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 November 2003 - 12:31 AM

It is a v 1.2 xbox. I just got the X-B.I.T. today, i programmed it with x2 4977, i have the dipswitches right. Every time I boot w/ the modchip in place my xbox turns on for a second, turns off, turns on for a second, turns off, then turns on and blinks red/green. When I remove the modchip it works fine.

Any idea what the problem is? Thanks!

#2 whydidigetbanned

whydidigetbanned

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 12:51 AM

I got it to boot w/ the modchip, but then when I put the dvd and harddrive back in, it gives me the same problem, when I remove them it boots, put them back in, same problem. I'm goin crazy here!

#3 Riker2k

Riker2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:01 AM

whydidigetbanned,

Just a quick question, if you turn on stealth mode (dip switch #4 on) does the system boot normally? If so then it sounds like u may have a bad BIOS (maybe corrupt) on your modchip. What bank and bios number did u choose when flashing? Also, did the verify of the BIOS once flashed say that the "BIOS contents does match"?

Riker2k

#4 whydidigetbanned

whydidigetbanned

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:07 AM

Thanks for the reply, it does it with every bios ive tried, the most recent was Evox M7 bios in Category 4, Bios 4, and I did verify and it said it matched. And my dip swtiches are: On On Off On, and when i switch to stealth, it boots fine, yes..

#5 Riker2k

Riker2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:20 AM

Hmm, ok, the only thing that seems odd is you said your switches are set to On, On, Off, On. If the 4th dip switch is on then you have stealth mode on and the xbox won't be booting off of the modded BIOS. If u turn it off and try to boot and get the flashing red/green light then it generally means that the BIOS bank # u have selected (in your case BIOS #4 right now) doesn't have a BIOS loaded in that bank.

Really dumb question, but your yellow and black cables are plugged into the yellow and black jacks properly and aren't crossed right? I'm sure you've checked already but thought I'd ask.

I'm sure you've tried to reposition your chip a bunch of times as well. Does it seem to be in snug and all lined up?

Riker2k

#6 whydidigetbanned

whydidigetbanned

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:27 AM

Woah, I dont know why, but i put everything back together, put it in stealth, booted it fine, put it off stealth and it booted to the bios, and im running evox off a disc but now my ftp isnt working?

#7 Riker2k

Riker2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:37 AM

Good to hear that's it's working now. Sometimes it takes a reseat or two to get it right. Ok, so u get the EvoX menu. Are u using a router/switch/hub or are u connected directly to your PC? Also, did u edit the evox.ini before burning to disc or are u using a default Evox.ini? Almost there, the FTP part shouldn't be hard to get working!

Riker2k

#8 whydidigetbanned

whydidigetbanned

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:44 AM

WOOHOO, ive got everything perfect. Thanks for the help, now to replacing the HDD, any tips? smile.gif

#9 Riker2k

Riker2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:48 AM

Yep, backup your C: & E: drives on the xbox from your original (retail) drive just to be safe. I used Slayers Installer to format my drive and it was dead simple. How big is your drive and how were u thinking of formatting it? If u are using the M7 BIOS to boot off of now then the Slayer's Installer is really a great way to go. If not I can point u to some instructions that should work.

Riker2k

#10 whydidigetbanned

whydidigetbanned

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:00 AM

Yah ive backed em up like a thousand times, im safe smile.gif Slayers installer ok ill download that. The drive is 80gb, 7200 rpm WD.. How ever you think i should format it I will..

#11 Riker2k

Riker2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:12 AM

Cool stuff, u know where to find Slayers 2.5? Once you've got Slayers dl'ed just burn it to a CD, take out your original xbox HD, put in the new HD, boot off of Slayers auto-install disc (don't panic if it doesn't work the 1st time, u may need to power on, insert disc, power back off and back on again), format the new HD by choosing one of the options from the menu. My suggestion would be to choose option 3 on the menu "Rebuild New Large HD on v1.x system". This is configuration option C in the Instructions PDF file included in the Slayer's file u are downloading. Page 12 covers the whole thing, step by step and it worked flawlessly on my system. One note to make, if you choose the 3-2 option (*F* 4920) from the menu then realize that your modded BIOS (in ur case M7 I think) must be configured to boot off of the F: drive once the slayers install is complete. I am also using M7 and this meant that I needed to mod my BIOS, using XBTool, to have it boot off of f: evoxdash.xbe first. If u need help just let me know. BTW, if u prefer IM to this then we could chat that way too.

Riker2k

#12 whydidigetbanned

whydidigetbanned

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:18 AM

Yah whats ur aim? mine is kenet1k

#13 Riker2k

Riker2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:23 AM

Riker2k3, just had to setup an AIM account... All up now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users