• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hookerjane

hookerjane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 05:17 PM

I have had my xbox modded for over a year now. I dont remember which chip came in it and what version bios. Hell I haven't turned in on in 8 months. Anyways I seen the bios checker program, will that tell me what chip and bios is in it? I think it was xecuter 2lite /w some verion of evox. Do I need this info before I go to upgrade my bios ? And do i have to remove the previous bios or will it install over the current.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 November 2003 - 05:46 PM

you dont need to know your bios to update, you really dont even need to know your chip, just put a bios in C:bios and you can flash with evox (as i recall evox will multiply a 256k bios to fill however big the chip is)

#3 hookerjane

hookerjane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:45 PM

To finish the rest of the noob question. I d/l the bios and it is in a .bin format. Then burn this as an ISO file? I have the tutorial page saved at home. But since I have the time at work, I thought I would ask a few questions. Burn it to an iso and does evox have a flashing option that it just requires me to put it in and click or what? And that will just over write? Is evox a bios and is M7 just happen to be the latest version of evox?

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:05 PM

if you have evox you put the .bin file in C:\bios and add a line to evox.ini in the menu section like...

Item "Flash Bios" ID_Flash_Bios

the flash away

im not sure about the evox multiplying though....see if you cna get someone to confirm that before you flash, lol

although i think when you go into flashbios in evox it will tell you the size of your chip, so you cna put a 256, 512 and 1024k bios in the C:\bios folder, then pick the one that matches your chip

#5 hookerjane

hookerjane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 03:39 AM

Ok after finally turning it back on and backing up what it's got I found it has as follows

X2_4974_Multiver_256k
Xecuter2

I am wanting to put in the M7 because my xbox is older so I think it is a 1.4 or 1.5 unless I have that wrong.

My plan is to put that .bin file in the bios directory and make sure my evox.ini has

ITEM "Flash Bios" ID_Flash_Bios

Then do I go to the flash option and let it ride?

Do i leave the line

ITEM "Flash Bios" @1

in the evox.ini file and just add the other line in this section? Tutorial corn fused me a bit

#6 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2003 - 03:49 AM

I'd use Xecuter 4979 instead of the evox M7 and an older xbox ver would be a 1.0 1.2, etc not the 1.4, 1.5

#7 hookerjane

hookerjane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 03:53 AM

Hope this doesnt post twice but I checked and it is as follows

Xecuter2 /w
X2_4974_Multiver_256k

I am going to put on the M7 unless anyone will suggest a better bios. What I get from the tutorial is

1. copy .bin file to the bios dir.
2. check evox.ini and pu the line in as follows. Item "Flash Bios" ID_Flash_Bios
3. Click on evox's flash bios option

is this correct?

and do I have to remove the line Item "Flash Bios" @1 or just place that other line beside it? also do I need to erase the previous bios or will it just over ride it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users