• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Van_2010

Van_2010

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:13 PM

Hey yall, i just want to know if you guys could give me some help. I want to make some copies of Xbox games I already own. I know I need a DVD burner, could u guys list me some models of DVD burners that will do the job and are good quality at a reasonable price? Also, will I need any programs or anything else besides a DVD burner to make my own copies of video games? Thanks guys,

Van_2010 tongue.gif

#2 Van_2010

Van_2010

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:14 PM

Basically I'm asking if you guys could tell me everything I need to know to make copies of my Xbox video games........I know i'm a newb biggrin.gif

#3 Van_2010

Van_2010

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:36 PM

...........somebody PLEASE HELP ME! please reply!

#4 Van_2010

Van_2010

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:43 PM

Is this a good model?.....

NEC FAST DVD-/+R DUAL -/+RW & CD Burner NEW

I found it on eBay.........

What program(s) am I going to need to buy. Someone help me get set up! Please!?!

#5 Captain America

Captain America

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:52 PM

Hey Van,

I'm kinda new at this myself, but I don't think you need a DVD burner. Although, a DVD burner would make backing up games much easier. I think your questions are too general. Maybe if you rephrased your questions. I haven't gotten that far yet (backing up games), right now I'm working on installing a dashboard. I think you might want to read at least one tutorial on backing up games before posting to the forums...

Just a thought....

#6 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Van_2010 @ Nov 20 2003, 05:14 PM)
Basically I'm asking if you guys could tell me everything I need to know to make copies of my Xbox video games........I know i'm a newb biggrin.gif

That's why no one is responding. Do some reading. There is plenty of information in the tutorials section about how to do this.

I will recommend getting a +/- R +/- RW drive for added compatibility. I will also recommend the following programs:

FlashFXP: FTP client to get files to your PC
Craxtion: To create an Xbox compatible ISO file
RecordMax Now: To burn the DVDs

The techniques and further information regarding this can be found elsewhere throughout the site on these forums and in the tutorials section.

#7 Intelligoth

Intelligoth

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Van_2010 @ Nov 20 2003, 02:36 PM)
...........somebody PLEASE HELP ME! please reply!

Why don't you search Google for product reviews. Tomshardware.com is a fairly decent place to check out different drives, etc.

And don't ask us to do your legwork for you. Nobody is going to TELL you everything you need to know. You can do what everybody else has done. SEARCH.

#8 MHolodak

MHolodak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:48 PM

This is the one you should buy.

I have this one and it hasnt failed me yet.

#9 Van_2010

Van_2010

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:34 PM

yah sorry about that, I should have read the tutorials first. And thanks, that Sony one looks good. Thanks people! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users