#1 drunkpug

drunkpug

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:03 PM

Looking at the forum i see alot of questons about chip not showing green led after u think it on correctly or chip fragging 3x then no video

thru testing i say follow this advice and u will not fail

1. No matter what, format the chip in mode 6

4x256 2x512

i had it in other configs ie:2x1Mb and guess what no green led
after i formatted chip in mode 6 guess what when it hooked up to pc the green led lit up and all of a sudden it was fraggin the box ie: 3 reboots

so to recap dont do any other config than mode 6

if u can get it for frag that means ur bios is bad

i used the new Xecuter2.4979_REPACK
from u know where
i tested many of the 256Kb and 512Kb bios that come with slyards cd and found most to not work!

write that bios to ur chip in the 6th bank ie top one in the usb program

set your jumpers

1 2 3 4
on off on off

disconnect your usb cable
turn on xbox
do what u got to do
do that and u can not fail

other people may tell u different but this is just what worked for me

#2 drunkpug

drunkpug

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:32 AM

bump! biggrin.gif

#3 J_Man61

J_Man61

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:40 AM

why do ceratin vbanks have more then one bios spot. say you want a 256k m7 bios and a 256k cromwell bios for linux. how do you make it so you boot with the one you want

#4 kabammi

kabammi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:51 AM

I'm using bank 4 (2x256, 1x512, 1x1mb) with M7 and 4979 repack. When you fire up XBIT.EXE to format/write, check the table in the bottom right hand corner of the prog. It tells you all the different jumper modes for different eeprom bios positions.
It will say down the right hand side - bios number (or position) - there are 6 of these.
user posted image
Well, if you select a format mode which only has less than 6 options, then only use the switches that apply to you.
for example. for me, I only have 4 available - so forget about the jumpers for 5 & 6, they dont apply. I use #3 for M7

user posted image

and #4 for 4979.

user posted image

When I do either of these, I successfully switch between them, ie. I boot from either M7 or 4979 [and the green light aways comes on].

Edited by kabammi, 04 December 2003 - 02:21 AM.

#5 J_Man61

J_Man61

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 09:40 PM

ok let me see if i get this right..

the bios select switches are for your actual bios or for the mode you formatted the chip with. like if i format my chip in mode 6 then 1=ff 2=on 3=off

#6 kabammi

kabammi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:07 AM

they are for your actual bios! rolleyes.gif

think about it - if they were for the mode you formatted your chip with, how on earth would you select the particular bios you want to boot with? easy answer, you couldnt. Thats why the dipswitches are there, to select the bios you want to boot with.

Once you've formatted your flashrom with whatever number of bios banks you want - you dont really need to worry about that any more, other than for remembering what position you flashed which bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users