5 replies to this topic

#1 ashtmatic

ashtmatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:27 AM

user posted image
i am using IE to transfer some music files but it seems that any songs or folders that have that AMG thumbnails or song info stuff gets this error message. The only stuff i can transfer is some indie song files or song files that dont have thoes name tag thingys that you get online. ( i forgot what there called something like ign or iddn.)

I also use SmartFTP and it also gives me a permission error. I have no idea whats going on because im able to transfer big movie files and all my pictures but not these particular music files.

Im thinking if i can make these music files not have thoes information and thumbnail icons i would be able to transfer them but then again i should be able to transfer it anyway.

uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

Thank you of so very much smile.gif

#2 OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:if your so damn interested, just ask me.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:45 AM

make sure the file names dont have any crazy symbols in them,and use simple names like "A song-some band.mp3"

#3 gamarsedge

gamarsedge

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:56 AM

yea just rename the songs into small shorter title

#4 ashtmatic

ashtmatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 07:15 AM

man you guys are good. thanks so much. this is what forums are for. beerchug.gif

#5 KANE79

KANE79

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 November 2003 - 09:20 AM

If you didn't know about file naming restrictions, the error message would never help. I only clicked a day later when I suddenly remembered about the name length limit.

#6 mcdonaldpd

mcdonaldpd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 November 2003 - 12:21 PM

there is a program that allows you to run these files through it and shorten the names/removes symbols so the xbox will accept the filename. it works really fast. i did all my mp3's in like 30 seconds.

I can't remember the name of it, and I am at work right now. If it comes to me I will post again. Search around on here and you will find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users