2 replies to this topic

#1 Corran

Corran

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:48 PM

(First, sorry for posting this here, but the DMS-forum is non-existant as you all now. If someone know of an email to DMS that _will be read_ please let me know and I'll send this to them.).

DMS, should you ever read this, please share the source to the Windows flash-program. It really is bad, updates are nil (?), and it can't be much of 'trade secrets' in it anyway. By releasing the source I can bet someone can make it work.

The xbox community is full of hackers and Linux addicts which are also quite good at Windows programming, and having a flash software that _works_ must be quite important for you people. I've for one is going totally mad over this, to put it frankly and to the point, crappy piece of software. It is horrendous. During the last 4-5 days I have tested it on 4 computers with XP Pro, XP Home and 2000 Pro and it still invents new ways to crash. One of the computers is an Nforce 2, one is a SIS-based laptop, one is an iNTEL-based workstation and one is KT400A. Nothing ever works, and at $100 I expect it to WORK! I could have bought 2 perfectly working modchips for the money instead and still have money left for a beer.

I can't even say if the hardware itself is broken or if it just is the crappy software. I'd think the latter, but come monday I'll return it for sure if I can't get it to work over the weekend.

So, just be smart and do as countless others, let more (talented) programmers do the work for you, so we all can have a stable software. We won't mind who do the work as long as it works (better/at all).

#2 ACS

ACS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:50 AM

It is strange how you can't contact dms. they seem so distant.

#3 Leprechaun

Leprechaun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:29 PM

I wonder if they even know they don't have a way to be contacted. Its not like there's a way to tell them blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users