• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 CoreyR093

CoreyR093

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 04:54 AM

Is it even possible to have a 1 wire mod? I remember reading somewhere people saying it's fake because it doesn't make a complete circuit.....any replys will be appreciated.

#2 Phantomstranger

Phantomstranger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 06:06 AM

it's not possible to make a complete circuit with only one line. BUT the thing they don't say is if it uses any cables or anything else. It would be possible to have only the power going in the one wire and then some other input output device that communicates with the xbox bios.

If they say the chip is one wire only and nothing else then they are full of crap.

#3 foocankill

foocankill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 06:38 AM

a rumor says that itll snap on to the retail bios

#4 CoreyR093

CoreyR093

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 06:42 AM

well on the mochips chart is says that it's supposed to come out this month....shouldn't some pictures or diagrams be out by now if this was real?

#5 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 July 2002 - 10:18 AM

I will wait to see the diagrams.

The only way that a 1 wire mod is possible is to have the mod clip over the onboard bios and use the 1 wire to %Volt to power it.

If you look at the mod page on xbox-scene they say that this mod is 2 pcb's so it will be interesting to see were these 2 boards go,1 must clip over the onboard bios and i would like to see were the second board goes laugh.gif

If this mod looks good i will buy it as i am thinking of getting this mod only so that i can flash the on board bios with EvoX and then remove it and keep using this mod to do the same to other xbox's.

Let hust hope it works well biggrin.gif

#6 Dr Seuss

Dr Seuss

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 02:16 PM

i wonder if you'll be able to do that hammy. with the enigmah and xtender u have to install switches on a couple of wires to disable it once it is on, but seeing as the x-ecuter has no wires this would be difficult.

either way, im keen for it's arrival. they shouldn't tease us hopefuls by releasing information so early without any chip wink.gif

#7 Hawk

Hawk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Dr Seuss @ Jul 11 2002, 01:16 PM)
either way, im keen for it's arrival. they shouldn't tease us hopefuls by releasing information so early without any chip wink.gif

Yeah I agree that the information is a bit premature since there are no pics or installation diagrams, but at least it gives us something to look forward to. Anyways, if this is a fake, I plan on going with the Openbox.

#8 CoreyR093

CoreyR093

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 06:18 PM

well the modchip is on sale now.....www.x-ecuter.com Do you think it would be a good idea to buy this without any diagrams posted yet?

#9 Hawk

Hawk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (CoreyR093 @ Jul 11 2002, 05:18 PM)
well the modchip is on sale now.....www.x-ecuter.com Do you think it would be a good idea to buy this without any diagrams posted yet?

I wouldn't necessarily Pre-Order it and give them a CC, but I would definetely keep it in mind if you're shopping for a chip (like me). The diagrams should be up soon if they're already starting to take reseller orders. At least x-ecuter now looks more legit than ever that they actually have a one wire device.

#10 HeeD

HeeD

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 06:16 PM

Here is my theory.

One could use springy pins... imagine a box with pins sticking out the bottom, when placed on the header (see openbox wiring... 9 points plus one extra wire) they will make contact. Then you must be able to keep the device secured down to the pcb without soldering, because it will flop around in the case and the springs will keep popping it up. If designing the case for this mod, you could make it strap down somehow... I don't have an xbox board handy to look at but I am sure if I looked at it closely it would be possible. That extra wire further away would be the one wire you have to solder.

When they are saying wire it is one wire, it may give impression to some that only one connection point is required and it is some magical thing. It depends on what you are expecting.

#11 CoreyR093

CoreyR093

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 05:04 AM

I was checking out a site and the guy that ran the site said that he installed it in 10 minutes and everything worked just as it was said it would.

#12 Hawk

Hawk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (CoreyR093 @ Jul 13 2002, 04:04 AM)
I was checking out a site and the guy that ran the site said that he installed it in 10 minutes and everything worked just as it was said it would.

what's the website?

#13 CoreyR093

CoreyR093

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 06:11 AM

*********.co.uk

how do i get rid of those with the letters?

#14 RickH

RickH

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 July 2002 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (CoreyR093 @ Jul 10 2002, 11:54 PM)
Is it even possible to have a 1 wire mod? I remember reading somewhere people saying it's fake because it doesn't make a complete circuit.....any replys will be appreciated.

Yes and no. If the one wire disables the stock bios chip and the new mod clips over it then it would be possible. But that would require some kind of chip clip. I am still looking for a TSOP chip clip that is less than $300. Anybody found one?

#15 jlm5151

jlm5151

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 July 2002 - 12:47 AM

I think the pictures have not been released due to legality issue, if there is no proof that it even exists then MS has no way of pursuing them. If MS knew that this was real and had pictorial proof then they would be all over it and it would never see the light of day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users