• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 loai

loai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Hacking, Fooling around.

Posted 22 November 2003 - 07:50 PM

LESTAT STFU! Ati Radeon 9000 with 64MB DDR runs Halo close to even the same grfx as the 9800 pro 128mb ddr.. And I think I can say this as I have both F**N cards..! Don't open ur mouth with $hit you dont know..... wink.gif

#17 pedro

pedro

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 08:39 PM

thank you loai for being very helpful, so it will run it okay?
I jus t dont want to spend a bunch of money on this laptop and then not be anle to play new games on it.
If it will run halo and other games then I will be happy with it I am sure.
especially with voodoo's upgrade policy whic would alow me to upgrade it later when I have the money to do so.

Edited by pedro, 22 November 2003 - 08:40 PM.

#18 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 November 2003 - 08:56 PM

i like being a bitch it keeps you on your toes biggrin.gif

and upgrade the video chip on your laptop ?

what kinda laptop is it.

im thinking ive heard of upgrading a laptop but i cant be certain,, its been a while since ive dealt with any laptops

#19 pedro

pedro

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 09:28 PM

its a voodoo
they put the video and ram on a seperate daughter board so that it is easioly upgraded. at least that is what the sales guy told me

#20 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 09:37 PM

LESTAT STFU! Ati Radeon 9000 with 64MB DDR runs Halo close to even the same grfx as the 9800 pro 128mb ddr.. And I think I can say this as I have both F**N cards..! Don't open ur mouth with $hit you dont know.....

I dont know, ok you just kepp on believing that, and make yourself feel powerful.
but your dreaming. i spent 3 yrs in a lab testing and beating the shit out of these cards 5 days a week and i can tell you your smokin some serious weed dude.
the 9000 is the budget card and thats exactly what you get BUDGET. it does the job but if you believe that it can crank out the game like a 9800 ,, well,, you need some serious education dude.

and he's talking a laptop thats a whole different creature when it comes to playing games.
pedro be VERY mindful of the heat generated on laptops by games, especially beefy games like halo., make sure the laptop has plenty of air going to and from it.

and its a voodoo ?
wtf is a voodoo

and yes i forgot about the little daughter boards so i stand corrected on that account. like i said i dont do laptops very often, so my knowledge IS lacking on the newer laptops.

#21 DermicSavage

DermicSavage

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 10:19 PM

first of all, lestat, go to fuckign skool quit being such a goddamn retard

and secondly, loai, just because the graphics are nice doesnt mean its a good card, do you have any idea of the difference between a 9600 and a 9800? cause to me it sounds like you dunno shit about it

in any case a radeon 9600 is what i would suggest for a laptop, but i would recommend a 128 meg version, and voodoo is a rip imo

#22 pedro

pedro

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 12:28 AM

lestat, when i said its a voodoo I was speeking of the company voodoo pc
look here

I know people say that people who buy voodoo are owned by corperate propoganda but these laptops have the best specs of any I've looked at and I am not about to undertake the almost imnpassable task of trying to do a homebrew notebook so i think ill spend the money and get it from them.

ive looked at several companies, a dell with similar specs is the same price but is thicker and heavier so i dont wnat to go in that direction, i just like the voodoo and I have shopped around alot

#23 loai

loai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Hacking, Fooling around.

Posted 23 November 2003 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (DermicSavage @ Nov 22 2003, 03:19 PM)
first of all, lestat, go to fuckign skool quit being such a goddamn retard

and secondly, loai, just because the graphics are nice doesnt mean its a good card, do you have any idea of the difference between a 9600 and a 9800? cause to me it sounds like you dunno shit about it

in any case a radeon 9600 is what i would suggest for a laptop, but i would recommend a 128 meg version, and voodoo is a rip imo

I kinda know the F***N difference between a 9000 and a 9800.. But I was referring to gameplay in Halo, not performance on the cards! He asked about playing Halo not Half Life 2.. Ati 9000 is a fine card to *run* most games out there at the current moment.. But as Dermic says 9600 would actually be a better bet to run games..

Edit: WHy the F**K are you gonan spend $2450 on a vodoo lappy?! uhh.gif

Edited by loai, 23 November 2003 - 12:54 AM.

#24 DermicSavage

DermicSavage

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 01:01 AM

loai, you have to take notice that just cause a card is bought specifically to play one games, doesnt mean that newer games arent gunna be played, you have to add at least some room to allow for future use if any gamer is planning to use it

and pedro, enjoy being owned by coporate propoganda

#25 pedro

pedro

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 01:42 AM

If it were a desktop then I would do homebrew but I dont have the money nor time to do it right now and also, ive researched and homebrew laptop is neither cost effective nor easy
The main reason i decided to get the voodoo instead of a comparable system by another company like velocity micro or sager is becasue of the good experiences Ive had with their customer service even before Ive purchsed it.
I called velocity micro which has a system that is identical to the voodoo for 500 dollars less and they left me on hold for almos an hour. THen I called voodoo and wasn tput on hold at all.
I emailed velocity micro, sager, and voodoo with questions abou ttheir systems a week ago. It took two days to get a reply from VM and I still have no reply from sager. Voodoo e-mailed me back with very complete answers to my questions in less than ten minutes.
If a company doesn't care about possible customers enough to respond to their questions then what are they gonna be like once they have my money in their pocket?

sager-dont know much about them except I've had a bad experience with their customer service.
hypersonic-heavy, just as expensive, very thick, and Ive heard multiple bad stories about customer service.
dells of comparable specs are the same price and weigh more and are thicker.
I had a compaq before an I hated it more than any computer I've ever owned (horrible tech support and the computer kept messing up)
alienware, well thats more propoganda isnt it?

also, voodoo's upgrade plan is very appealing to me,
I mean you cant beet an upgrade policy that offers shipping both ways and wholesale prices on hardware with no cost for labor.

thats my reasoning anyway.

Edited by pedro, 23 November 2003 - 01:54 AM.

#26 DermicSavage

DermicSavage

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:20 AM

you do realize you are basing this totally on tech support?

upgrade policy is a good thing, but read the fien print, im sure theres loopholes most customers fall thru and lose the opportunity

and as for laptop manufacturers, all their tech supports are crap, and if you ever need one, you are hopeless

#27 pedro

pedro

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:38 AM

so what laptop brand would you recomend dermic?
I'm open to any advice that will save me money?

#28 lebriznon

lebriznon

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (pedro @ Nov 22 2003, 08:38 PM)
so what laptop brand would you recomend dermic?
I'm open to any advice that will save me money?

i dont think u should be buying a laptop for gaming. they will never compare to a good desktop pc.

#29 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:51 AM

first of all, lestat, go to fuckign skool quit being such a goddamn retard. yeah im the retard..
yeah you just keep talking,, lets see your a 16 yr old who claims to know everything about pc's yeah.. ok ill shut up.

dermic you tell me to shut up yet you insist on proving yourself to be the noobish retard. ive done more with pc hardware than you have even tired to.

let me tell you something

1st of all, when you buy a laptop, from a major company they come with the typical 3 yr or more warrenty, and im not sure about dell or sony or toshiba or compaq but i know for a fact if there is something wrong with the laptop, (other than a dvd/cd drive or floppy, Gateway sends out a BRAND NEW CASE, w/ Motherboard, (monitor included of course.) and this is done within usually a 3 day period. if you have to send it in for service they also have a 3-4 day turnaround time so, for the little people who have no clue what that means, send it off and 3-4 days after they get it, youll have it back, so typically about a week.
not to mention gateways accidental damage insurance, which means you can walk up to gateways doors and slam it on the concrete and its covered. you can scratch or damage the screen and its covered. and you get 3 yrs of that for ,, err i think something like an extra 180 bucks.. and you know how much a 15 inch laptop monitor costs ? damn near a 1000 dollars.. so spend the money spend it wisely and shop around, the extra time spent window shopping will be well worth your time.

the new breeds of laptops are actually very nice gaming machines,, IF you get the right one, but spending 2400 for a no name laptop is kinda foolish in my eyes. get a nice centrino chipped laptop with a nice ati processor, i doubt you will be disappointed.
but keep in mind laptops are not known for their gaming.

Edited by LESTAT, 23 November 2003 - 02:56 AM.

#30 pedro

pedro

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:52 AM

I am not really buying this as a desktop replacment. I am buying it mostly for school and stuff. When I'm traveling from my dorm to home 4 hours from campus every now and again I would like to take my computer wiht me which is why I want a laptop.
but I want the best specs I can get so Ill be able to play games if I want to and not have to worry about upgrading any time in the near future.
this summer when I have more free time I am going to undertake my first homebrew desktop. That will be my gaming PC when I get around to building it.

lestat, what do you mean 'no name' voodoo isnt a noname pc company, they are one of the foremost gaming pc companies.

Edited by pedro, 23 November 2003 - 02:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users