manschadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 November 2002 - 11:14 PM

I flashed my Xodus with evo x 2.5 bios and put it in xbox. After that I connected everything and put power on xbox. Well the xbox logo came I setted theh time and date but now not any backup wants to boot, and BTW the green led on Xodus lights and I have set it on mode 2.

#2 WarM_FusioN

WarM_FusioN

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 11:58 PM

are you sure the retail bios are not booting? did you use a color mod? if so and the logo is still green then the retail bios are booting.

#3 Satan00

Satan00

PimpMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 November 2002 - 11:59 PM

reflash! smile.gif

#4 manschadow

manschadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (WarM_FusioN @ Nov 14 2002, 10:58 PM)
are you sure the retail bios are not booting? did you use a color mod? if so and the logo is still green then the retail bios are booting.

I use evo x 2.5 256 k but it is not colored or something like that, and what do you mean by retail bios?

#5 manschadow

manschadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 12:03 AM

I gonna re-flash oke no problem, and will let you konw tomorrow if it worked and if not can I get a bios from one of you that worked for you guy's, also tomorrow because I must sleep for now 1:00 am. So I let yiou know.

#6 knowledgeiv

knowledgeiv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 04:07 AM

Just because the matrix LED is showing alignment, that doesn't mean that it is. You should get a colormod bios; that way you know for sure if it booting with the original (retail) or evox BIOS.

#7 Potenza

Potenza

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:CARS Racing, Computers and my children
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2002 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (knowledgeiv @ Nov 15 2002, 03:07 AM)
Just because the matrix LED is showing alignment, that doesn't mean that it is. You should get a colormod bios; that way you know for sure if it booting with the original (retail) or evox BIOS.

Make sure matrix LED does exactly what it says in every mode. I can not stress this enough!!

If it does than it's aligned properly. Mine did flash green in mode 1 + 2 and orange in 4, but mode 3 didn't flash as it was supposed to., so I had to realign.

Before you flash the modchip. Use the available biosversion detection software (also works from your PC!!!) to see if it is a valid bios. I know there are fakes out there.

After flashing, read the contents of the modchip again and safe the read bios than double check it again withe bios version detector.

Good luck

#8 manschadow

manschadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 06:15 PM

Oke guy's finally I got it working and here are the tips and details how it will make the Xodus install easier.
- Use winLPC.exe software for flashing the Xodus, and first erase it and then choose for programming and automatically after programm it also verifies the bios.
I used this bios name: 256k.Evx2.5.colormod(blue).err.noani.evox.bin
After the verify is done, click for DONE.
Now take the chip out the programmer after taking the programmer out of pc. Just get your xbox with the main board in it, and put it on a desk so you can calm and look good to it. The ANGLE you looking to the G-Spot is very imporatnt, trust me that will help 50 % of your install.
You must look from the left side of xbox, just like the manual of Xodus shows it. It is that picture that is shown to confirm the G-SPOT alligment. So put the chip on his place, and the screw in the hole,(BTW no need for longer screw) and get a flasher you need it to see the small holes for correcting the align.
When you think you have the best align, just put your righthand fingers on the places of the chips pins so you keep holding it pushed down and with the left hand tight the screw but don't tight much only very little so the Xodus plate will stay flat and not hanging on the screw side. That is very important. Of course before I forget let the mode be in 2 before you align the chip. Then you connect xbox to hd, power and when done, hopefully yours will work aswell. Just try a boot cd to confirm that it works. And for the last time, the angle you looking to aling the G-SPOT is very important, really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users