X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:gaming, gaming o and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:37 AM

I have a queston about something. Maybe u have come across this before. When i got home today, i hooked my box back up and when i go into the skins menu in evox, there is one skin in the list that does not work, by not working i mean goes to the original evox skin. One of them i put on today called blu worked great today when i ftped it over. when i got home and tried to use it, it just sent me back to the evox skin orginal one. I have replaced the dash with a later 3752 version, and i have reinstalled evox with slayers and installed the 3921 version. could it be somethin in the ini file. because it does it on a fresh install of evox. there are always skins u don't want after the install, so the ones i don't want i delete them, well the problem just goes to another skin. can't figure this one out. the skins work i know because i have been using them forever. evox just seems like it picks a skin to not work, if i delete the non workin skin, it just picks another one. help. is something screwed up?

#2 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:15 AM

I also ran into that problem yesterday. I had tried putting a certain skin on someone's xbox (blackbolt_consolev3) and for some reason when I selected that one, it only showed the original EvoX skin. I didn't really think much of it.

but...

I use the same skin on my own xbox, and today I decided to ftp over a few more (just to try them out), and while I was at it, I decided to try FTPing the working blackbolt_consolev3 skin from my xbox (where it worked just fine before), over to my computer so that I could load it onto other people's machines. I thought that maybe the copy I originally had on my PC (that I loaded onto the person above's xbox) had something wrong with it. So I figured that I'd FTP over the working one from my xbox.

Anyways, after doing this, for some strange reason I can't get that skin to work on my xbox either! Strangest thing. Whenever I select it, it only shows the original EvoX skin. I've even tried re-FTPing it back onto the xbox, but this hasn't worked either. I was going to search the forums here, and I stumbled across this thread right away (which seems to be indentical to my problem).

If anyone knows what the heck could be causing this, please let us know as this is annoying the hell outta me. I'm sure it's just something real simple that we've overlooked. Weird though...

Thanks

#3 nezff

nezff

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:43 AM

i know this shit is weird. i dled the skins from blackbolts site. i used all his skins. the redv4 console skin worked fine and another would not. then i would delete the one that didn't work and then the redv4 wouldn't work. shit!!!!

#4 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:17 PM

i am really not sure if this helps, but there is a line in my evox.ini that, i think (i say i think because im at school right now and i cant exactly check) that says something about using the original skin, mabye its something with that?

P.S.
I have had this same problem, i hope SOMEONE fixes it

#5 nezff

nezff

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:20 PM

they all say that. its just the original skin that it kicks u back when any other skin doesn't work.

#6 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:24 PM

I ended up downloading a few more of blackbolt's skins (thanks for the link BTW! I love his skins!). And I dumped about 4 more onto my xbox (and also re-FTPed the blackbolt_consolev3 skin) and the new ones all work just fine, but for some reason I'm still having the same problem with the blackbolt_consolev3 skin. Not really a big deal (as I really like the v4 blue one anyways now!), but it's just an annoying little problem.

#7 zappp

zappp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 03:37 PM

maybe it has something to do with the naming of the jpgs?
im not sure, but i had the same problem; i fixed it by changing evox.ini - go down to [skin_original], comment out the existing contents, and then copy/paste the contents of your desired skin's skin.ini (everything after [skin_<skinname>].

#8 bborski

bborski

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:09 PM

has anybody comeup with a fix for this yet? its a real pain in the ass

#9 KaRiUs

KaRiUs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 08:35 PM

The problem is the ini file that coms with the skins. The ini file points to a folder where the pictures are stored. You have to change this to the plase you store your skin files.
rolleyes.gif

KaRiUs

#10 Chad006

Chad006

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, Cracking, Coding. Encription.

Posted 19 December 2003 - 07:51 PM

muhaha.gif Try changing the size if the images!!!!

#11 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 02:45 PM

Just wondering if anyone has figured out what the heck is causing this? I've come across this on a few machines now, and each machine picks a different skin that it doesn't want to display. Weird. Just damn annoying...

And yes,... the .ini files are fine. The skins work on some machines, but not others.

#12 dreaddy

dreaddy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:17 PM

Makes no sense. Skin worked fine for months, then suddenly stop working. I tried renaming the images, folder and associated info in the ini to no avail. Can' be image size 'cause I gots comparable size skins that work.

#13 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:59 PM

yup,... like I mentioned, some skins will work on some xboxes, while others won't. dunno...

#14 No_F3AR

No_F3AR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 06:02 AM

i got the same problem when i ftp the blackbolt_elite2, one of my own skin stop working.... i deleted the blackbolt_elite2 and now is back as normal.... any idea why???... maybe blackbolt_elite2 ini files get that trouble....

#15 SSJDemon

SSJDemon

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2003 - 08:31 AM

Maybe if we could get a Senior member in here.... Noobs wont be of any help. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users