1 reply to this topic

#1 sub

sub

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 11:02 PM

Like several others here, I've just downloaded the Xbox SDK (~150mb) off the net, with the intention of 'porting me some software'. I'm initially going to focus on porting a Sega Genesis emulator. Why?..because I can.

I only have a retail Xbox, soon to be chipped, which limits my development/debugging options. How are others here compiling/debugging and trying software? Are you developing .exe files using only the subset of APIs available on both the xbox and the PC, and later building .xbe files from the same source code. Have you written libraries to simulate the XBox APIs that are not available on the PC (ie the XBox save game APIs etc)?

Can you give me any other pointers?

#2 DBG

DBG

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 May 2002 - 12:26 AM

i'm still trying to install the damn thing... but from what i heard there are some freeware libs in the works (such as the ones that came out for DC).... just a matter of time now that the chips are out... even tho M$ is denying it....

chat with a M$ rep

Chris: As far as //icrosoft is concerned regarding mod chips, DBG, we are aware of these reports, but at this point, it is only speculation and rumor. No mod chip has been released. We take hacking reports such as these very seriously and we will continue to investigate as it is illegal. But again, no mod chip has been released that works on the Xbox.

heh heh heh... DENY AT ALL COST!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users