Photo

Want Emus For Master System, Spectrum, Wonderswan?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 webmasterdharav

webmasterdharav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:17 PM

We want emulator for xyz system. rolleyes.gif OK, emus for many systems on the xbox platforms are not avalable, and developers dont seem to be interested in. spectrum, wonderswan, or sega master system for e.g. But there is an easy way to do that without making any emu for xbox or waiting for someone to make it. You can download any emu for that system for the PSX, (many 8-bit and 16-bit systems can be emulated on the psx), build your complete emu+roms iso file, and then use a pcsxbox on the xbox to emulate the iso. So, although you are playing a psx game on a psx emu, the xbox is actually emulating another system!
NOTE : SEARCH THE NET FOR THE PSX EMU SITE OR PM ME.

#2 Guyver-X

Guyver-X

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:I like playing on my Xbox or ps2. I like messing about with Ps7, Mx Fireworks and 3dsm on my pc.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:31 PM

This should be moved to FAQ i think. As hes providing the awnser to a question without anyone asking.

#3 jayred99

jayred99

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:35 PM

[QUOTE]developers dont seem to be interested in.[/QUOTE]
You never heard of X-PORT?!
[/QUOTE] wonderswan, or sega master system for e.g. [QUOTE]
You never heard of WonderswanX, or SMSPlus?!

#4 webmasterdharav

webmasterdharav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:19 PM

havnt heard of xport?

Heard of him, infact, I bought an xbox because of his emus, man! wink.gif
Now read this: -
Its usual for me to have typos, so I could not think of many systems that are not there on the xbox, but are there on the PSX. as far as wonderswan is concerned, I read someone wishing a wonderswan emu, in the the emus to get topic. So, I replied to that. Check the fact out, there are many systems on the psx or saturn but not on the xbox (Saturn itself!).
As far as the interest of xport in development is to be considered , - Is he interested in a SNES emu? Or any MP3 player port or anything like that. Ofcourse, even I appreciate his emus, and he is the one, because of whom I chose xbox over PS2. rolleyes.gif

#5 Zero

Zero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:31 PM

Erm there has been a Wonderswan and SMS emulator on the xbox for quite some time.

Is he interested in a SNES emu?

Why would he when Lantus already has a perfect snes9x port?

#6 webmasterdharav

webmasterdharav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:40 PM

HOW Many times would I need to tell that my post was just an idea of mine to use 2nd tier emus for the systems that are not available on the xbox. I gave wonderswan and sms as an example with my recent view of the "emus for xbox wishlist".
By the way, Lantus' port does not allow netplay - does it?

#7 webmasterdharav

webmasterdharav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:51 PM

HOW Many times would I need to tell that my post was just an idea of mine to use 2nd tier emus for the systems that are not available on the xbox. I gave wonderswan and sms as an example with my recent view of the "emus for xbox wishlist".
By the way, Lantus' port does not allow netplay - does it?

#8 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:03 PM

Yeah yeah yeah, it WAS a good point webmasterdharav. I'm not sure how it would work out in real life, as each emulation child would require more processing power.

But regardless, can you list an emaulator that you can run on the PSX that is NOT available on the xbox natively? I would guess there isn't much.

I'm not familiar with what emus are available for the PSX.
But your point still stands, and it is a good suggestion. Cheers.

#9 Cutriss

Cutriss

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:07 PM

Alternatively, you could just run DOSBox and then your emulator. DOSBox is probably powerful enough to handle emulation of any of the systems out there that aren't already natively emulated and have a remote chance of being emulated on the Xbox (except for the Saturn and Virtual Boy), and a much more likely platform to have what you're looking for.

#10 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 10:22 PM

Im sorry, but im failing to see the relevence.

Please name a single emulator that is on the psx but NOT on the xbox.

http://www.xbins.org/applist.php#5

There is a complete list since its apparent you dont realize just how many emulators exist on the xbox.

MANY more than ever existed on the psx, to inform you. The psx does not have the RAM or processing power to emulate half of those systems.

On a different level, why would you use psx? Why not use linux instead? There are probably more emulators for linux / dos than there are for psx. It would be a more efficient way to emulate.

#11 webmasterdharav

webmasterdharav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:34 PM

There is a complete list since its apparent you dont realize just how many emulators exist on the xbox

Its on that thing. The reason behind this topics was that I saw an emulator wishlist of many people on this forum. As far as my knowledge of the the number of emus is concerned, I chose to buy an XBOx rather than a PS2 bacause I knew that it has many emulators released for it.
I posted this topic because I had an idea, not because I was ignorant of something. As told earlier, I am a PC Emu expert, but only young in age.
Tell me one thing, installing all these emus on the xbox is fine, and the whole idea of DOS Emu for XBOX and Linux o/s for XBOX seems fantastic. But is it plug-and-play like the PS2, or is there an interface, or the interface comes in only when we want it to? I AM ASKING BECAUSE MY XBOX HAS NOT ARRIVED YET, AND I WANT TO CONSOLIDATE MYSELF THAT AN XBOX IS A PLUG 'N PLAY EMULATION-SYSTEM, APART FROM ITS NEXT-GEN CONSOLE FEATURE!
ITS GOOD TO SEE THAT THE SENIORS ARE PRAISING THE JUNIORS, RATHER THAN OTHER FORUMS WHERE THEY BOSS THE JRs.

#12 ScHlAuChi

ScHlAuChi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:44 PM

In case there is an emulator that wasnt ported for the XBox, theres still the possibility that you can run it via the Xbox-Linux.

#13 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 03:53 AM

You should be thinking the emu scene on the Xbox is better cause we have mame and whatnot and psOne dont.

#14 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (webmasterdharav @ Nov 24 2003, 09:34 AM)
There is a complete list since its apparent you dont realize just how many emulators exist on the xbox

Its on that thing. The reason behind this topics was that I saw an emulator wishlist of many people on this forum. As far as my knowledge of the the number of emus is concerned, I chose to buy an XBOx rather than a PS2 bacause I knew that it has many emulators released for it.
I posted this topic because I had an idea, not because I was ignorant of something.

Then why did you say, quote "We want emulator for xyz system. OK, emus for many systems on the xbox platforms are not avalable, and developers dont seem to be interested in. spectrum, wonderswan, or sega master system for e.g. " ?

It seems to me like you ARE ignorant as to the emulation status of the xbox. No, it doesnt seem, its blantantly obvious. You named three random systems that ARE emulated on the xbox, and i imagine you cannot name a single emulator that is NOT on the xbox, that IS on the psx, as your rambling ill structured post rants about. You apparently ignored that part of my previous post or choose to ignore it.

As to the rest of your questions, i simply refuse to help you in any manner because you are incessantly annoying. MUST you type in BOLD UNDERLINE CAPS to get your point across? Only children need to shout to get attention. Adults converse in a intelligent manner. See how i dont have to scream at you to get the point across?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users