• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hkp23

hkp23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 06:15 PM

i have an samsung 120gb sv1204h harddisk in my xbox, its not locked but always worked fine
a week ago the xbox crashed while booting (error code 13 or 16) i tried with the original hdd and it works, booting from dvd starts the dashboard but it kind of stops every second and starts working again; ftping doesnt work
i conected the hdd to a pc and checked it with a tool provided by samsung, it returns: command not found, for nearly every sector,
i tried xplorer but it returns I/o error 1005 and I/o error 86
is there anyway to recover some of my data e.g. savegames or some games etc
could it be possible to create an image with hdd driver and then open it with FATXExplorer

thanks

#2 dragon-fli

dragon-fli

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:54 AM

Same thing just happened to me, except it crashed while playing Tetris in a NES emulator and I have an 80gig Western Digital.

Xbox works with original hdd installed, but will only boot to Xecuter2 screen with new hdd installed now. I can run original games with new hdd installed, but I am unable to access the hdd by ftp or other means.

Any suggestions?

#3 jokerbird

jokerbird

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 December 2003 - 04:04 AM

" i tried with the original hdd and it works, booting from dvd starts the dashboard"

Was this an evox bootable CD/DVD with network functionality? If not try that, and be sure to copy boxexploer on to it too - this way if only certain partitions are toast - you may be able to save some........

Also were the drives locked prior to this happening, or being run unlocked?

#4 dragon-fli

dragon-fli

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:40 AM

I can't even get mine to load a Dashboard DVD, only an original game will work. I believe that my hdd was unlocked when this happened - I'm not really sure how the whole lock/unlock process goes. I used an Evox install new hdd to format my drive, with this as this last line:

[Action_11]

LogFile = "f:unlock.log"
Info "This function will unlock your XBOX Harddisk"
Warning "You will now unlock your XBOX harddisk and will not be able"
Warning "to boot from an original XBOX bios"
#
hddlockdisable

I'm assuming that this means that I was running it as unlocked (I have no need for Xbox Live - I hate playing online).

Is there any way to recover this hdd? Also, I'm not sure why it even did this - is there something I did wrong that I should avoid in the future? I have searched the forums, but can only find information on what to do when you are not using a modchip (ie 007 hack, audio/font). This is the only thread I have seen with a similar problem to mine.

Thanks!

#5 dragon-fli

dragon-fli

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:30 PM

Okay, I loaded up FlashFXP one last time and just let it sit for a while after attempting to connect to xbox. It finally logged in! I see now that my drives are showing up as size 0. My F, X, and D Drives are appearing completely empty now, though I can still see stuff in drives C, E, Y(temp files from Top Spin - last xbox game I played before freeze in NES emulator), and Z(default.nes). Would it help if I just copied the XBOX HD BACKUP I made back onto the new 80G HD again or is this a bad idea? If that will work, is there anything I should do to prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks in advance!

#6 dragon-fli

dragon-fli

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 02:32 PM

So, after letting my xbox sit for a few minutes and figuring out that it would let me ftp after a short time, I decided to hook it back up to my TV (it's in another room). Turns out that if I let it sit for a couple of minutes the Evox Dash will load, and all of my backup games are still able to be played from the HD. THe only problem is that it is taking a few minutes to load each screen - like the HDD is in slow motion or something. Once I am playing a backup the speed is fine.

So, I guess my problem now (and always was) is that everything is super slow all of a sudden. Also, the folders are still showing empty when I try to FTP. This is a problem because I would like to make DVD backups of my originals as well as have them backed up to the HDD (in case something like this, or worse, happens again), but I am unable to access the D drive through FlashFXP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users