Photo

Anyone Willing To Me Lend An External Programmer?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 shadolnk

shadolnk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:13 AM

I know some of you have heard of the recent problem with people trying to get their X2.2 Lite to work. They get the green-off-green-off-green-red/gred/frag problem. I'm one of these people. I've been told it is the d0... I'm sure it is not (on mine at least) -- I redid the point perfectly 3 times and even tried the alternative point on the back of the motherboard. After this I thought that maybe the cromwell flash on the chip will not work with my box because it is v1.4 or something. So, I installed the chip on a v1.0 Xbox and guess what... the exact same thing happens. I was hoping to flash it the chip with the v1.0 Xbox with an multi-version bios and then installed it back on the 1.4. However, I have come to the possible conclusion that the chip is simply blank. I've been reading some post on this forum about other reporting that their X2.2 Lite they order from System Mods were also blank (supppose to be peflashed with cromwell).. and are having the same problem as me.

So instead of trying to convince System Mods to exchange my chip with another (which would probably be blank too)... I'm curious if anyone here would be willing to lend me their external programmer through the mail, so I can flash my chip, and then I send it back to them? I know it may be too much to ask.. but I didn't think it would hurt to ask. :)

Thanks.

Edited by shadolnk, 24 November 2003 - 04:16 AM.

#2 NightL1fe

NightL1fe

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:13 AM

the amount to just wrap up and ship back and forth that programmer will cost you the same as you placing a order from system mods right now tongue.gif

#3 shadolnk

shadolnk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:27 AM

Perhaps, but placing another order from system mods is not something I'd like to do if at all avoidable... like I mention in my first post -- they're likely to send me another blank chip.
Of course, if it ends up being my last choice... I'll have to do just something like this.

Also I just checked system mods return pollicy:
If you feel the mod chip is defective, you may ship the mod chip back to us, to be tested to see if there is an actual problem with the mod chip. If there is we will replace the chip at no extra cost to you, and ship you a new one mod chip. If there is no problem with the mod chip, but for some reasons you did not install the chip correctly, you will be held reliable for a $10 testing fee, plus shipping costs back to you. If the chip does not work due to a bad BIOS FLASH, we will reflash the chip back to Cromwell 1.26a and you will be reliable for a $15 reflashing fee plus the shipping costs back to you. The reason for this fee, is that we feel that %98 of what customers claim that there chips are "bad", are just "bad" installs or "bad" flashes. The shipping fee back, is however you want the chip shipped back, for example if you want overnight shipping, we would charge you $20, if you wanted ground we would charge you $9.

I'd rather just test my chip by flashing it with a programmer myself than send it to only to be charge another 10-15 bucks + S&H to get it back.

Edited by shadolnk, 24 November 2003 - 05:35 AM.

#4 NightL1fe

NightL1fe

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (shadolnk @ Nov 24 2003, 02:27 AM)
Perhaps, but placing another order from system mods is not something I'd like to do if at all avoidable... like I mention in my first post -- they're likely to send me another blank chip.
Of course, if it ends up being my last choice... I'll have to do just something like this.

Also I just checked system mods return pollicy:
If you feel the mod chip is defective, you may ship the mod chip back to us, to be tested to see if there is an actual problem with the mod chip. If there is we will replace the chip at no extra cost to you, and ship you a new one mod chip. If there is no problem with the mod chip, but for some reasons you did not install the chip correctly, you will be held reliable for a $10 testing fee, plus shipping costs back to you. If the chip does not work due to a bad BIOS FLASH, we will reflash the chip back to Cromwell 1.26a and you will be reliable for a $15 reflashing fee plus the shipping costs back to you. The reason for this fee, is that we feel that %98 of what customers claim that there chips are "bad", are just "bad" installs or "bad" flashes. The shipping fee back, is however you want the chip shipped back, for example if you want overnight shipping, we would charge you $20, if you wanted ground we would charge you $9.

I'd rather just test my chip by flashing it with a programmer myself than send it to only to be charge another 10-15 bucks + S&H to get it back.

I'm talking about the Programmer is only $10-$15 which cost the same as borrowing it from someone and have to pay for shipping? whos talking about the chip?

<edit> or is it you rather trouble someone else to spend thier $10 to ship you thier programmer and then you spend another $10 to ship it back to that person? why wouldnt you just spend $20 yourself and buy the programmer ($10 + $10 shipping) and you can keep the programmer ..

Edited by NightL1fe, 24 November 2003 - 05:30 PM.

#5 shadolnk

shadolnk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:47 PM

Give me a break. You're assuming it would cost $10 for S&H -- you're wrong. It wouldn't even cost a more than $2.00 (probably less than 1$) to mail the programmer.. to get it here in about 3-4 days.
Also, I only need to use a programmer once... to see if indeed my chip is blank -- and yes you're right.. I don't want to dish out antoher $20 for something I'll only need once and may not even solve my problem. This is why I was hoping someone who doesn't use their programmer regularly could lend me theirs... and I would be more than happy to pay them back the 1 or 2 bucks they spent on S&H.

Anyway, you seem totally against this request -- which is fine... however, I'd like to see if someone will actually be willing to help me out.
I am asking for a favor.

Edited by shadolnk, 24 November 2003 - 05:53 PM.

#6 NightL1fe

NightL1fe

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:37 PM

right so when is bubble wrapping paper free? or them small boxes and wrapping paper free? or tracking number/insurance?
if you know where they hand out this stuff for free to make shipping only really cost $2 please let me know .. I'm been paying a fortune for shipping supplys

#7 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:55 PM

What do you care? You make up the difference in what you rip off from other people.

shadolnk - don't listen to anything this scumbag says.

#8 NightL1fe

NightL1fe

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Gonzo_PhD @ Nov 24 2003, 03:55 PM)
What do you care?  You make up the difference in what you rip off from other people. 

Hey Gonzo finally you have balls to post you cockroach? where is my broken Motherboard and hard drive i paid you for you Scammer? why the fuk do you talk so much shit when all somebody has to do is a search and they will see who the scammer is?

<edit> also explian to me how can i be a scammer when i have the paypal reciept i payed you to ship me the parts that where missing the 3rd set of motherbaord and hard drive? what are you ? a fuken idiot?

Name:
Drew Flatley    (The recipient of this payment is Verified) 
Email: 
drewflatley@comcast.net 

Total Amount: 
-$30.00 USD 

Conversion From:
-$41.72 CAD
Conversion To:
$30.00 USD
Exchange Rate:
1 Canadian Dollar = 0.719120 U.S. Dollars

Date: 
Jun. 23, 2003 
Time: 
11:45:06 PDT 
Completed   

Seller Protection Policy: 
Ineligible 

Subject: 
Xbox Parts 
Note: 
Hi its NightL1fe.. will send you $20 more when package arrives.. thank you

2 broken mobos..
3 WD HD.. unlocked 

Funding Type: 
Credit Card 
Funding Source: This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *DREWFLATLEY". 

Edited by NightL1fe, 24 November 2003 - 07:53 PM.

#9 WhatsAModchip?

WhatsAModchip?

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Gonzo_PhD @ Nov 24 2003, 08:55 PM)
What do you care? You make up the difference in what you rip off from other people.

listen man, you owe this dude cash, do not fuckin accuse him of being a scammer, because thats your description. this guy's legit, keep up the good work nite beerchug.gif

#10 Astronutty

Astronutty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 December 2003 - 04:47 AM

I just bought a chip from www.system-mods.com Xecuter 2.2 Lite+. I flashed the bios from cd-rw with a 1mb file per instructions from the tutorials section of www.system-mods.com. The bios flash was a failure, now I am sitting here with a x-box that boots normal when the chip is enabled, but without the Xecuter logo on boot screen. Since I flashed my chip using these instructions: "SIDE NOTE: Since this bios is only 256KB you will need to convert it into a 1mb file.. TO FLASH THE CHIP YOU MUST USE A 1024KB (1MB) BIOS BIN." and left with no room to reflash, I had to order the Flasher/Programmer for an additional $19.00 after shipping.

If the manufacturer says (IN CAPS) : "MUST USE A 1024KB" I assumed it was because that there was really that need. I personally think they are trying to "drum up" some more business in selling their overstock of Flasher/Programers.

Complaints:
No documentation with chip.
The pogo pin D0 did not line up on my 1.0 Box! (had to shift mobo in case and jam a wire into D0 then lay across mobo then pogo pressed on wires. (Put tape on motherboard isolating D0)

I have read every post in the Xecuter 2.x section up the the tenth page, and will continue due to all the troubles I have had and plan to have even after getting the programmer.

#11 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:19 AM

hey. i have a programmer. i am not really willing to lend it out but i would be willing to flash the latest cromwell on your chip. i will not charge you anything unless it is successful and i am willing to do it for dirt cheap since you are having problems. shoot me an email to work everything out.

#12 shadolnk

shadolnk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:16 PM

Believe it or not -- I took NightL1fe advice and ordered a programmer. It should arrive today.

jman33, thanks a lot for the offer though -- that's really cool of you.

#13 s10blazed

s10blazed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:31 PM

hey shado, I am in the exact situation. I am doing a buddy's xbox and one of the chips is not co-operating. Although the other 2 I ordered withit worked fine. I was forced to buy a programmer due to the fact that I do not have access to the other xboxes I modded for a hotswap.

I placed my order last night so I expect to see the programmer before the end of the week. I'll post my results. Please do the same because I see this problem ALOT lately. So far always with system mods. But the xbox versions affected seem to be pretty much v1.0 and 1.4.

#14 DeXoy

DeXoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:44 PM

I am forced to buy a programmer too. I tried flashing my chip last night but it did not work and now my xbox just freezes up at the loading screen when I have the chip enabled. I just odered the programer today and hopefully I will get it soon.

#15 ditch98

ditch98

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys, what programmer seems to work the best with Xecuter 2.2 Pro, tried the computer, erases ok, but freezes on the flash, even tried another Xecuter 2.2 Pro on the same X-Box that flashed ok before, no go. Any info would appreciate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users