11 replies to this topic

#1 Nightshad3

Nightshad3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:47 AM

With CS having hit the shelves as well as Halo (ugh did I type that?unsure.gif ) hitting the PC the stupidest argument I have seen recently is people comparing the original PC versions of games to the ported version on consoles.

Why bother comparing the PC version to the console version if the PC version was the original?

The comparison that should be made in all of these situations is when the console game is ported to the PC. Since the PC is soooooo much better than the console game is then each game that is ported to PC should show a significant improvement in graphics, gameplay, sound, etc. as opposed to comparing the other way around.

Does anyone else see this making sense?

#2 plehem12

plehem12

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:52 AM

I know what you're saying but I don't understand what you want us to reply and say...? uhh.gif

#3 Nightshad3

Nightshad3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (plehem12 @ Nov 24 2003, 06:52 AM)
I know what you're saying but I don't understand what you want us to reply and say...? uhh.gif

I dunno really it just seems like everyone is on this whole kick about mentioning how much console FPS sucks.

Not always true i think its more of getting used to the games limitations and working with them.

I guess I was more looking for confirmation of the stupidity of even mentioning the comparison between PC and Console games.

Plus maybe the idiots who keep making the comparisons may actually read this post and realize how stupid they sound pop.gif

#4 lebriznon

lebriznon

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:19 AM

well pc's have the advantage of a mouse, so you can play RTS games with no problems, and shooters are easier. its just the nature of the controller that makes fps harder on consoles. and rts on consoles...ugh....every played starcraft on n64?? ewww.... dry.gif

#5 Nightshad3

Nightshad3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (lebriznon @ Nov 24 2003, 07:19 AM)
well pc's have the advantage of a mouse, so you can play RTS games with no problems, and shooters are easier. its just the nature of the controller that makes fps harder on consoles. and rts on consoles...ugh....every played starcraft on n64?? ewww.... dry.gif

Yes I realize that for some its easier to play FPS on computer...but then it also depends on what you began with and are most used to as well wink.gif

#6 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:40 AM

blink.gif I bought it , played a little Single Player (super sucks!) , Played Live (sucks!), wink.gif is shittier than Rainbow Six 3.

CS on XBox looks like the first game of Return to Castle Wolfestein laugh.gif

That game even made me remember Windows 3.0 ph34r.gif

#7 i.stole.this.name

i.stole.this.name

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:25 AM

uuurrr, i h8 pcs
buy mac's or...
do wot i did and put a pc in ur x-box now u have both smile.gif

#8 satan666

satan666

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:27 AM

So why post should a silly post

#9 Rustmonkey

Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:43 PM

I like both PC and console FPS. PC's great for online play and modding, but consoles great for when you have your buddies over and wanna shoot the shit out of eachother smile.gif

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:57 PM

I've seen a few older gaming magazines (4-5 years ago) that said PC's are the best for gaming. Now with Xbox, which is esentially a PC/Console, people will be getting the best of both worlds. I think it's only a matter of time till MS dominates console gaming as well.

#11 SKoT

SKoT

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:41 PM

personally i like em both almost the same, i look at the Xbox as a challenge, and the PC as whooping up on noobs biggrin.gif

#12 jsm

jsm

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:53 PM

hey Rustmonkey have a larger pic of your avatar ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users