This was formatted to look best at 1024 x 768
Here are some basic things to remember:
1) You can create your entire MXM.XML (including menus) using Myxomatosis
2) You can create your entire MXM_Skin.XML using MXM Skinner V5.0
3) When booting MXM from a DVD/CD-RW, the MXM.XML settings override the Menu-Set preferences (Y button options)
4) When booting MXM from the HardDrive the Menu-Set preferences (Y button options) override the MXM.XML settings.
5) Y Button Options are stored in the file E:\UDATA\00004321\pref.xml
6) Your Game Controller (or keyboard or Remote) will work like this:
Navigate Choices: D-Pad or Thumbsticks
Select Choice: Start or A button
Step Back: Back or B button
Boot to Dash: Press both Thumbsticks
About MXM: Y Button
Game Help: Black Button
MXM Help: White Button
Skip To Next Song: X Button
Thumbnail: X Button
Navigate Choices: Cursor
Select Choice: Select
Boot to Dash: Title
About MXM: Display
Game Help: Info
MXM Help: Menu
Navigate Choices: Cursor Keys
Select Choice: Enter
Boot to Dash: PrtScr
About MXM: Tab
Game Help: F2
MXM Help: F1
1) MXM plays preview videos by creating a texture large enough to display
the video in it's native resolution (which should be a reasonable size, to be effective).
2) Preview Videos should have dimensions of 256x187:
If you have a video that's 512x375, it takes up 2 times as much video memory.
If you have a video that's 720x525, it takes up 4 times as much video memory.
DVD COVER ART IMAGES:
1) Should not be more than 480 pixels high (more is a waste of video memory)
2) Size should be a power of two increment (i.e. 32, 64, 128, 256, or 512 pixels)
Edited by yourwishismine, 30 December 2003 - 01:18 PM.