If you changed your settings.ini file based on the tweak I posted last week, you'll probably want to take the buffer settings back out. I reworked the way Qwix uses buffers, and it now uses a default that is twice the size of what Qwix 1.0 used, but is faster overall and actually uses less memory, despite how backwards that sounds.
Note: Please read the Qwix_FAQ.htm file included with Qwix! Even with that file included in the RAR, many of those questions come up all the time.
Qwix 1.01 fixes:
- Reworked FTP transfer buffers for improved Windows performance during and after transfers, which can also increase transfer speeds (especially boost mode).
- Changed default transfer buffer size from 512KB to 1MB.
- Fixed a transfer thread leak which caused various problems with Qwix after transferring an ISO.
- Fixed a problem that prevented game icons from being downloaded after transferring an ISO.
- Fixed a problem that prevented batch properties from taking effect if you pushed a button on the toolbar before clicking in any other control first.
- Made the XBE rename case-sensitive when deciding whether it should rewrite the XBE file or not.
- Disabled the "Use advanced Avalaunch features" option in the connection editor until the SITE REFRESH command is fixed in Avalaunch. Yes, that's all that the option does. No, it doesn't make transfers slower.
- Fixed the taskbar disappearing act and an occasional OLE32.DLL access violation, both on Win98/WinME.
- Fixed a few font and color issues, making things a bit more consistent with certain themes and platforms.
- Fixed a problem that prevented a transfer to the root directory of an Xbox drive.
- Fixed a random access violation that was caused by the component used for all the lists and trees in the Qwix user interface.
- Made the local PC folder browser show the proper folder name for shortcut items like My Network Places shares.
- Fixed the Rename ISO feature from the Scan Folders right-click (from the Load ISO screen, not Scan Titles).
Edited by Devenic, 25 November 2003 - 06:12 PM.