Photo

Toast 6..does It Work To Make Xbox Discs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:11 PM

Hi all. Just curious if anyone has upgraded to Toast 6 yet, and if there are any problems with it?

Ive been using Toast 5 fine for making XBOX backups, but Id like to upgrade as long as Toast 6 doesnt have any problems burning XBOX ISOs.

Thanks for any info.
beerchug.gif

#2 hi2hello

hi2hello

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 01:44 AM

hi mr ed,

the actual version 6.0.3. seems to have a problem with burning the iso-image file from an xbox-image:

whenever you select an xbox iso-file to be burned in image-mode, its format will be recognized by toast like auto-detect format is turned on, so theres no chance to get down to the "pregap-dialogue" (although auto-detect fomat is unchecked!). i did not try out yet what happens if you burn it nevertheless, because i bet this would produce a real fine coaster (but any hints that teach me im wrong are more than welcome).

perhaps its just a bug in the actual update as i had no problems on that with toast 6 earlier version (6.0.1). unfortunately 6.0.1 has some lacks (buffer underrun support missing, timecode pretty much inexact,... ) so an update to 6.0.3 would be a really good idea.

i have both versions in my applications folder: 5.2.1 to do my xbox backups (works fantastic under panther) and 6.0.3 for burning all other kind of things. the new toast 6 has hell of a lot new features that i really dont like to miss any more (like cue-bin burning, svcd support, LAN-burning and much more)

to cut it short: i really recommend an update to 6.0.3 but better keep your version 5 too.

hope that helped laugh.gif

Edited by hi2hello, 26 November 2003 - 02:04 AM.

#3 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2003 - 02:09 PM

Oh great, I wasn't sure if the installer for 6 would clobber my 5.x version. If I can keep them both, I guess I have no worries!

Thanks!

beerchug.gif

#4 hi2hello

hi2hello

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 01:41 AM

just rename your "old" toast folder to something that wouldnt be overwritten like "toastfive" for example as i m not quite sure whats the name of the folder that toast6 will be creating in your apps folder.
if its the same than your existing toast5 folder it could be overwritten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users