13 replies to this topic

#1 Telemachus

Telemachus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:36 PM

Just a summary of some of my findings... please correct me if you have different info, or an exception to any of these rules.

#1) Any of the ORIGINAL MA copies will work. These are the ones that DO NOT say "Game of the year" and are NOT platinum hits. (part no. X08-82262)

#2) All of the new "platinum hits" copies DO NOT work with the gamesave hack. They have fixed the hack. (X10-13874, thanks sarc).

#3) The version which comes with xbl kit (x09-94543-01) does not work either. (thanks, pont).

#4) The "game of the year" editions (X09-46303) do not work with the hack.

Please let me know if this is different in any of your experiences. The new, $20 copies of the game, are $20 for a reason, it appears. sad.gif

Edited by Telemachus, 26 November 2003 - 04:04 PM.

#2 sarcoptic

sarcoptic

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:14 PM

Exactly, and the part number for platinum hits is X10-13874, this copy DOES NOT WORK WITH GAMESAVE HACK

#3 pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2003 - 04:11 AM

the version which comes with xbl kit (x09-94543-01) does not work either

#4 Telemachus

Telemachus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 04:02 PM

Forgot about that one... Thanks for the addition.

#5 shakane

shakane

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:14 PM

you got it right man, my mech ver x09-46303 that came with my xbox was fixed. Response "unable to load <RUN LINUX>" I thought it was my kernel version 5101 that was causing the problem. However I rented a copy from my local gaming store and swapped mine with theirs (cuz i'm a cheap sonofabitch) part # x08-82264 and BLAMO! It freakin worked for the bloody first time! I used xlinux to hot swap about 15+ times in the process of learning these exploits and eliminating every possibility and i tell ya i got one hell of a tough little hard drive laugh.gif
I do have a question though...
Now that i have the save game exploit working with signed pheonix bios and evox launching properly (ftp working) does anyone know where good info is regarding the issue of not being able to eject the mechassault game so i can launch Dyne:bolic linux?
Call me lazy but i'm getting tired of reading and reading and reading through these forums. Don get me wrong i owe alot to all of the posters here at the scene who took the time to explain things in great detail.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#6 BlimpyBoy

BlimpyBoy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm having the same problem . . .. will try rent an older version of MA tomorrow.

BlimpyBoy

beerchug.gif

#7 ddpac

ddpac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:28 AM

I recently bought Mechassault at a local Best Buy for around $30 and it has a Gamespot Xbox Game of the Year edition sticker on it but the back of the box lists the part number as

Part No. X08-82262

I haven't unwrapped the game yet because I haven't gotten the urge to play with the exploits; I already have a couple mod chips and two modded boxes and so using this on a virgin xbox would take some work. I was figuring on getting another xbox down the line but not anytime soon.

Is this version of Mechassault an ORIGINAL MA that works or is it the Game of the Year edition that doesn't work? I would like to keep it in it's original packaging so that I can just hop back to Best Buy for a full refund.

Much appreciation to anyone who can answer this or shed some light on my situation.

#8 FFWD

FFWD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:09 PM

According to the printing on the DVD itself, I have part# X08-82264, and am unable to load <Run Linux>. This is the version that came with the Quest bundle (which includes MA and KOTOR), and was bought a few weeks ago from Best Buy Canada. There is no mention of "Game of the year" on the DVD or manuals. Can anyone confirm whether this version works, because I am also using an Action Replay to transfer the MA gamesave to the hard drive, and would like to rule out the MA version I have before investing in an MS mem card.
Thanks!

#9 atf487

atf487

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (FFWD @ Jan 9 2004, 07:09 PM)
According to the printing on the DVD itself, I have part# X08-82264, and am unable to load <Run Linux>. This is the version that came with the Quest bundle (which includes MA and KOTOR), and was bought a few weeks ago from Best Buy Canada. There is no mention of "Game of the year" on the DVD or manuals. Can anyone confirm whether this version works, because I am also using an Action Replay to transfer the MA gamesave to the hard drive, and would like to rule out the MA version I have before investing in an MS mem card.
Thanks!

Well, I got that error on the original copy. I just deleted all the saves it had, along with the live stuff, and it worked.

#10 billy.blastoff

billy.blastoff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (ddpac @ Nov 28 2003, 08:28 AM)
I recently bought Mechassault ... and it has a Gamespot Xbox Game of the Year edition sticker on it but the back of the box lists the part number as

Part No. X08-82262
Is this version of Mechassault an ORIGINAL MA that works or is it the Game of the Year edition that doesn't work?  ...

Hi, I have the same MA version (X08-82262), and have been trying to do the software/gamesave MA mods. However, I can't authoritatively answer your question at the moment, because I'm still trying to get my XBOX modded.

I *have* been able to run the "Emergency Linux" savegame exploit (giving me FTP & telnet access to my XBOX), but the "Install Linux" and "Run Linux" exploits fail. Also, I just tried the 'Mordens_Audio_hack_MA_V3', and it failed, as well; I was able to get to MXM by loading the "savegame" file, but the audio exploit didn't take. I got "you already have 100 soundtracks", instead of joy.

Don't lose hope, though. My problem may be that my XBOX's dashboard was updated to XBOX Live, and is now at dashboard version 5659. The fact that I'm able to load the "Emergency Linux" and Morden savegames makes me think that my MechAssault disc is OK (that is, flawed in a good way).

Mfg.Date: 2003-06-16
Kernel: 1.00.5101.01
Dashboard: 1.00.5659.03

Regards,
Karl K

EDIT: Yes, I'd say that my problem is that I have the XBOX Live 2.0 dashboard. As answered by the sticky The General List thread within the GameSave Exploits forum. With this in mind, I'd say that MA X08-82262 works fine, so long as you stay the hex away from XBOX Live 2.0.

Now to find a way to backout my XBOX Live 2.0 dash for a previous, hackable version.

Edited by billy.blastoff, 10 January 2004 - 06:14 AM.

#11 jeffgoth99

jeffgoth99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(billy.blastoff @ Jan 9 2004, 11:56 PM) View Post

Hi, I have the same MA version (X08-82262), and have been trying to do the software/gamesave MA mods. However, I can't authoritatively answer your question at the moment, because I'm still trying to get my XBOX modded.

I *have* been able to run the "Emergency Linux" savegame exploit (giving me FTP & telnet access to my XBOX), but the "Install Linux" and "Run Linux" exploits fail. Also, I just tried the 'Mordens_Audio_hack_MA_V3', and it failed, as well; I was able to get to MXM by loading the "savegame" file, but the audio exploit didn't take. I got "you already have 100 soundtracks", instead of joy.

Don't lose hope, though. My problem may be that my XBOX's dashboard was updated to XBOX Live, and is now at dashboard version 5659. The fact that I'm able to load the "Emergency Linux" and Morden savegames makes me think that my MechAssault disc is OK (that is, flawed in a good way).

Mfg.Date: 2003-06-16
Kernel: 1.00.5101.01
Dashboard: 1.00.5659.03

Regards,
Karl K

EDIT: Yes, I'd say that my problem is that I have the XBOX Live 2.0 dashboard. As answered by the sticky The General List thread within the GameSave Exploits forum. With this in mind, I'd say that MA X08-82262 works fine, so long as you stay the hex away from XBOX Live 2.0.

Now to find a way to backout my XBOX Live 2.0 dash for a previous, hackable version.

ok im new to this site but i got to ask something now i know about the producect id but does it matter what Splinter Cell you use like can you use Splinter Cell:Double Agent or can you not and if that one then which ones can you use please list which ones i can that would help me out and this is my first soft modd i ever tried to a gaming system if some one could email me detailed info on this that wold de helpfull to me and i thank you for the people who helped me out i never knew that you could and my email is jeffgoth99@yahoo.com and no spam please a the subject put modded Xbox thanks once again

#12 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(jeffgoth99 @ Mar 6 2009, 11:55 PM) View Post

ok im new to this site but i got to ask something now i know about the producect id but does it matter what Splinter Cell you use like can you use Splinter Cell:Double Agent or can you not and if that one then which ones can you use please list which ones i can that would help me out and this is my first soft modd i ever tried to a gaming system if some one could email me detailed info on this that wold de helpfull to me and i thank you for the people who helped me out i never knew that you could and my email is jeffgoth99@yahoo.com and no spam please a the subject put modded Xbox thanks once again

Think about it: these exploits involve loading hacked game saves, so do you think that you can load an original Splinter Cell game save via Double Agent? Probably not. You should really read through the pinned guides and tutorials, as they should answer most basic questions. If you're planning on using Splinter Cell as your exploitable game, then any version of Splinter Cell will work, but not any of the sequels. You might also find punctuations to be useful. laugh.gif

#13 Downloaderz

Downloaderz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

Does anyone know if the UK PAL version works?
Part no. X09-23976EN

#14 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

That's the number on the box of both of my exploitable copies, but there's no guarantee that the number on the box was changed when the exploit was fixed, or that the disc is in the correct box...

The only certain way to find out is to check the version number on the disc - there's a thread here discussing exploitable game versions, with all the details.

Edited by Heimdall, 08 April 2009 - 11:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users