1 reply to this topic

#1 AnakinSkywalka

AnakinSkywalka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 11:39 AM

Sorry if this has been answered before but was wondering whether I could use Xbox Live using this setup:
Have 2 NICs in my PC and am using a Billion 7100 pro modem/router to connect to my ADSL provider. This is connected through the ethernet port.
Now, I also have a spare USB port on the modem, and I have a crossove cable which I can connect to my Xbox.
Is there a part I can buy which I can plug into the USB port on my modem so it converts it to an ethernet point which I could then plug the the other end of my CAT5 cable?
Also, have read about ICS. Not exactly sure as to what this is. Would someone care to elaborate?
Cheers

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2003 - 01:45 PM

If you have 2 NIC cards in your computer just plug the internet into one... and your xbox into the other with a crossover cable.

ICS makes your computer act like a router/gateway for other computers on your network to get out to the internet. So you'll only need this if you want your xbox on the internet.

EDIT: Since the topic of the thread is "Xbox Live Query" I'm guessins you do want your xbox on the internet. What operating system do you have?

Edited by Spency234, 26 November 2003 - 01:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users