8 replies to this topic

#1 snav

snav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 06:19 PM

I hope You know what i'm trying to describe, when there is black screen in the games you can see shades of black moving on the tv.

Well i thought my "shadows" in background was just bad cables or something so i bought the advanced AV cable but the thing persisted.
Thought my tv was the problem until i hooked up my friends xbox with my cables on my tv. And then there wasn't any shadows.

Is there just diffent between boxes?

Is this possible to get rid of? Any ideas?

#2 scribla

scribla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 November 2003 - 06:49 PM

What you describe is what is commonly known as ghosting. This is quite often caused by crosstalk or interferance on scart or other AV cables, allthough there are many possibilties.
As you said you have tried different cables and a different xbox on your TV it is most likely to be your xbox at fault. Return it to the store if its still in original condition.
You could try another TV as some TV's are more tolorant than others. Are you running direct to the TV? You may want to try running direct to the TV if you are looping through a VCR or DVD first. If you ARE running direct to the TV, running through another device first may bring also bring improvement, or it could well make it worse. Tweaking your TV's brightness and contrast a tad might also help.
I expect someone here at x-s could give you a more technical view of the problem, which might point to a workaround if you xbox cannot be returned, but I'm afraid it's beyond my understanding.

#3 snav

snav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:18 PM

Tnx for Your response Scribla.

It really just noticible when there is something really black on the screen like in intros and stuff, i really don't see it that much in games, just annoing.

I connect directly to my TV, sp i suppose it's just my xbox.

Well, we can say my xbox has been violated so returning it is not an option wink.gif

#4 joe194b

joe194b

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:26 PM

I had the same problem with my dvd player (moving images on black backgrounds) with an rgb scart lead plugged directly into my tv. I spent a couples hours behind my tv pulling cables out, separating mains cables from signal cables and etc..... It turned out to be interference from the tv aerial going through my sky digi box so i just unplug the aerial when i watch dvd's now, its not the best solution but it works for me.

hope this helps

Joe

Edited by joe194b, 26 November 2003 - 07:27 PM.

#5 snav

snav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:52 PM

Hi Joe

Sry for my bad english but what is an aerial?
We didn't learn that word in our englishclass wink.gif

#6 joe194b

joe194b

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:05 PM

Aerial = Antenna

Tv antenna is used for receiving terrestrial television.

regards

Joe

#7 snav

snav

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:38 PM

Tnx.. i will try and move my box or remove the cable

#8 akindbro4u

akindbro4u

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:Do I really need to say. I'm here right?
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 28 November 2003 - 01:03 AM

one of the most overlooked causes of unwanted interferance(sp) is having power running to close to a video or even audio signal. Unfortunatly m$ dosn't help that problem by putting the outputs so close together. If you are using cheaper cables it may be the problem either get better cables or make sure they are as far away from power as possible. It's worth a try

#9 wubba

wubba

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 10:12 AM

Oh shit dude. You ever watch poltergeist? biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users