6 replies to this topic

#1 crazylife

crazylife

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 11:03 PM

I have a Xecuter 2.0 with pogo pins on a 1.0 xbox runing evox, and for some reason today i turned the xbox on, and it said That my xbox needed service and it had a 16 on the side. Now each time i turn it on it says the same thing. I even realigned it like 4 times and it says the same thing. Is there a way to fix this, I really hope there is.
Any help would be appreciated.

#2 cuelaid

cuelaid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:14 karat gold slum computer wizard
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 November 2003 - 12:41 AM

error 16 is a dashboard problem

Error Codes

#3 crazylife

crazylife

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 01:36 AM

Yes, I know that it is a error code. I would like to know how to fix the problem. I tried ftping it but it wont work. Is there any other way to fix it.

#4 XOR

XOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 01:49 PM

Put your EVOX files on an XBOX formatted DVD or CDRW (remember to change evoXdash.xbe to default.xbe for the purpose of booting.

This should now boot and allow you to get to the FTP functions.

#5 crazylife

crazylife

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 06:18 PM

after i get the FTP functions, Then What? Do i need to change the evox.ini, if so where do i change it. I hope you guys can help me out because this is the first time this has happened to me and im clueless

#6 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:I install all mods for XBOX. You need it done, I can do it. PM me or email me nachonut@nyc.rr.com

Posted 27 November 2003 - 09:44 PM

Error 16 is a simple clock set error.

Basically if you have a stock hard drive that can boot your original xbox dashboard, pop that in so it can see it and set the time.
Other than that, you might want to try a bios that skips the clock function like 4979 or m7... either of those will skip that whole problem if you don't have the stock files.
Good luck there..

#7 dslam

dslam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 10:39 PM

a couple notes on error 16. It means the XBOX didn't find the dashboard files/settings it wanted or the clock is not set, often times you cANNOT boot from DVD/CD-R/W with this issue. The only BIOS I know that will still allow boot from DVD is Evox D6 so try that. It worked for me, or do a hotswap.. your HD into another XBOX to mod the stuff, or you can try hooking up your XBOX HD to a PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users