5 replies to this topic

#1 HeLiuM

HeLiuM

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 12:41 AM

i think all live owners will be happy to know that their $70 was put to a good cause. they now have the right to pay more money for downloadable content that they thought they were initially getting. Why isn't this in the xbox live forum? because this is less of a discussion of the service and more about MSs bullshit customer service model. next you'll have to buy xbox live only for the right to pay monthly for each online game. Want to play the newest tom clancy game online? thats 70 for xbox live (50 for every year after), another 50 for the game, another 5 for the content (which is down the drain when the games life dies down), and someday possibly another $5 a month to help pay for maintenance. totals around 50 plus 5 for each charged bit of content per game, then another 50 a year (70 initially) for mantaining live, and someday maybe another fee to help run the servers. compare that to the 50 dollar total of pc games, that usually have free run servers (or at least a free matchmaking service, which is all xbox live really is) and you get free patches and updates, and some official and usermade mods (for the better companies).

#2 cainedna

cainedna

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 November 2003 - 02:53 AM

I don't get what you're bitching about. First of all, there was no guarantee that you'd be getting much in the way of extra content, if any. Lots of games have supposed downloadable content that haven't had a single download available yet. We're talking about Mechassault, a game which is on the Platinum line already. After having provided tons of free content, they decide that if you choose to get the new stuff, they want compensation. Considering how few people still play Mechassault, and are that hard up for new content, $5 sounds like an okay deal.
Would you have preferred a $20 expansion disc? That's kind of the norm, if companies even admit that their new product is just an update. Most of us only paid $50 for the first year of Live.
Or of course, you could just play MechAssault or Crimson Skies on your PC... or, wait. Nevermind.

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2003 - 04:50 AM

Or you could just use XBOX Connect and avoid all of the BS Politics in the first place. wink.gif

#4 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2003 - 05:10 AM

I'd rather fork over the 5$ then pay full or half price for expansions.

#5 SadSammy

SadSammy

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 November 2003 - 02:59 PM

I gotta agree with ya Helium. Most people who bought a subscription to Xbox Live were probably thinking that it would eventually include downloadable content (which is what I thought too)...unfortunately, it's not. I wouldn't go as far as calling them nazis though. smile.gif

And in the end, Xbox Live is a joke compared to the free ones that are available like XLink.

#6 Intelligoth

Intelligoth

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 November 2003 - 05:28 PM

If you want to play multiplayer games, use your PC and play them for free. Nobody is forcing you to use LIVE. But yeah, M$ are bastards. We already knew that!

Edited by Intelligoth, 27 November 2003 - 05:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users