• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 spork4761

spork4761

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 02:45 AM

So I've been playing Vice City off the disk since when it was released, and how it has stopped working. It will finish the loading screen and then theres just a black screen. From reading other topics I think I've determined that the problem is the clock. However, the clock has been off for a while and I've never had any problems before. So can someone please tell me how to reset the clock, or if thats not the issue could someone explain to me what is. Thanks

#2 ACS

ACS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 November 2003 - 02:59 AM

Please include more info on you situation if you want a accurate solution.
pop.gif

#3 spork4761

spork4761

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 03:30 AM

To be more specific, Vice City has been working on my Xbox and it suddenly stopped. It will finish the loading screen and then lock up. First off I want to know what might cause this. I also would like to know how to reset the clock in MS Dash because I think this might have something to do with the problem. I'm not having this probelm with any other games.

#4 spork4761

spork4761

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 04:02 AM

And one more thing, I'm trying to run Vice City off the disk. Its not backed up on my hard drive.

#5 Dagoth

Dagoth

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2003 - 07:08 AM

reset the clock by going to the clock settings within M$ dash.

even if they look ok enter a new time this will reset the clock.

(also make sure that you have no network cable plugged in - as this can sometimes cause problems)

#6 Skyliner34

Skyliner34

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 01:18 PM

dude i have got the same problem.. huh.gif

#7 spork4761

spork4761

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 09:49 PM

ok so in MS Dash when I go under system utilities, and then settings, and then look under clock it gives me the following options.
Jump to Ms Dash
Jump if No Link
24 hr
Swap Date
SNTP Server

So how do I resest the clock from that

#8 psibob84

psibob84

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:13 PM

umm thats your evox menu not the ms dash

#9 surgio98

surgio98

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:25 AM

It works like this, you ned to have the original dash from M$ on your hardrive and under the evox (what is your current dash) settings have to be modified, there should have been a evox settings file, i forgot what it's called, you'll have to change the name of the M$ dash to another name, upload it and under the settings file(it should be a text doc) change the path of M$ dash to whatever you named it.

When you go back into evox and hit M$ dash you won't come right back to evox but will end up going into the original Dash that you saw before installing evox. There you'll have the standard options, including one to set the time.

Hope that helps.

#10 Demonic_Tutor

Demonic_Tutor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 04:47 PM

I have the same problem but i cannot access my msdash since i do not have any of the files(fonts & sounds) If there is another way to change the clock please post it, thanks for any help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users