SkateorDie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2003 - 12:36 AM

where do you get the blank jewels and how do you... carve, design the jewel? lasers? dremels?

#2 nagmine

nagmine

burp!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 November 2003 - 12:43 AM

ah dont waste ur time trying to do it ur self, the tools u need are way to expensive. All u need to do is make or find a design u like and send it to http://mad-modder.com/ . he should be able to hook you up hes done great designs for everyone.

#3 SkateorDie

SkateorDie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 November 2003 - 12:44 AM

oh no no no, i wasnt gonna try it myself i was wandering how they did it?

#4 ryrules1

ryrules1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 01:41 AM

yea i would be intreted in how they did it as well??

#5 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:26 AM

I think The Screen Savers were giving the thing away that you would use called a Versa Laser

like so :

http://www.hitecpion.../versalaser.htm

i think the one they had was like 3000 dollars a bit pricy

#6 CustomXbox.net

CustomXbox.net

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:42 AM

those go for about $10,000 muffinman

#7 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:43 AM

well then there goes that haha

there's a reason people dont give me money, it's probably because i dont know how to use it wisely, and the fact i havent passed a math class since it was actually called MATH and not algebra sad.gif

#8 The Timmy

The Timmy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:57 AM

yeah... the equipment's expensive. not only do you need a laser engraver (if you go that route), you'll also need a compresser to help vent the machine, and a vacume to suck all the bad air out to keep your work clean. you need a place to put it all... and the machines require a lot of maintance if you wanna be able to get your money's worth out of it.

and you can't just go lasering any you see... for example, vinyl releases a toxic gas when burned.. and good luck lasering polycarbonate, it isn't pretty.

and then you gotta know stuff like laser intencity vs. cutting/engraving speed, and you gotta deal with focusing the machine onto the material you're working with every time you change material thickness-- which is different from material to material, manufacturer to manufacturer, and also peice to peice.... even if many small squares of say, acrylic came from the same big peice, they could still be different from each other depending on the process used to make the plastic, and the quality of it.

#9 Xport1

Xport1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:www.xport1.com<br>Laser Etch Windows

Posted 28 November 2003 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (The Timmy @ Nov 27 2003, 10:57 PM)
yeah... the equipment's expensive. not only do you need a laser engraver (if you go that route), you'll also need a compresser to help vent the machine, and a vacume to suck all the bad air out to keep your work clean. you need a place to put it all... and the machines require a lot of maintance if you wanna be able to get your money's worth out of it.

and you can't just go lasering any you see... for example, vinyl releases a toxic gas when burned.. and good luck lasering polycarbonate, it isn't pretty.

and then you gotta know stuff like laser intencity vs. cutting/engraving speed, and you gotta deal with focusing the machine onto the material you're working with every time you change material thickness-- which is different from material to material, manufacturer to manufacturer, and also peice to peice.... even if many small squares of say, acrylic came from the same big peice, they could still be different from each other depending on the process used to make the plastic, and the quality of it.

The Timmy is right about most of that, but once you get going then it gets to just be a routine. There are some vynals that can be used in a laser, Im looking to get some of that soon. Other then that its alot of money learning the process but well worth it after that fact.

#10 The Timmy

The Timmy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:56 PM

yep. the hard part now is getting a share of the business from everybody already doing jewls for people.

#11 Xport1

Xport1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:www.xport1.com<br>Laser Etch Windows

Posted 28 November 2003 - 05:17 PM

sorry Im not giving up mine, I just sold my 800th jewel and plan to hit 1000 buy xmass smile.gif

Edited by Xport1, 28 November 2003 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users