5 replies to this topic

#1 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 01:43 AM

I've seen in several posts that xbit users have had problems with bank #4 or any bank except #6.

Is this a widespread issue or known bug? like to flash bank4 since that give me maximum flexibility for future releases (2x256's, a 512 and 1MB). However, if it's going to cause me a huge headache I'd rather just go with bank6 and deal with re-flashing if larger bios's are developed.

#2 ACS

ACS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:28 AM

I think the problem was peaple were getting bad bios but not sure. However every slot has worked for me flowless. Howerver I did have problems with format style 2.

#3 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:03 AM

What do you mean by "format style"? I read DMS's software manual and the tut here, but don't see reference to it.

#4 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 04:32 AM

I think I figured it out. I think my terminology was wrong. When I was asking which bank to flash, I think I was actually asking which format style to use. I want to use format style 4, giving me a 1MB, a 512K, and 2x 256K bios's.

I guess I'll just try that first and if it doesn't work use style 6.

#5 ACS

ACS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 November 2003 - 10:21 AM

That is a reliable format style to use.

#6 MUl8R

MUl8R

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:44 PM

So if you use format style 4, then select the 512k bios, you would select the dip switches for Bios 2. A lot of people in this situation are choosing the dip switch settings for bios 4, getting the format style (bank) and bios settings confused. If you mistakingly did this you would get a 3-flash/frag.

beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users