• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gorgehound

gorgehound

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 10:46 PM

My hard drive makes a clicking sound *sometimes* when I power on the Xbox. It's a 250gig WD and it works about 90% of the time when booting from the hard drive. Though, when I switch to booting from a game in the DVD drive, or rebooting after copying the game from the DVD drive, the next bootup it will make the clicking sound and head to Error 7 HDD timeout.

When that happens, it usually won't work until I let it sit for about an hour before turning on again.

I've searched for hdd timeout threads and have tried the suggestions: master, slave, CS on jumper, update bios and still nothing. I'm running X2 4977 w/ 137g+ fix, with 120gig on F: partition and the remainder on G:. Any help is appreciated!

#2 Format C

Format C

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:01 PM

Ummm, biggrin.gif

If it was me I would be backing up my Hard Disk and getting a replacement.

Sounds like to me your hard disk has problems and needs to be replaced.

#3 cuelaid

cuelaid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:14 karat gold slum computer wizard
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 November 2003 - 12:00 AM

clicking is almost always the hard drive being f*cked. if it's under a couple years old, it's probably under manufacturer's warranty. i think it's called rma. just go to their website and start looking. sure beats buying a new one.

#4 conc3pt

conc3pt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 07:39 AM

good luck at backing your stuff up... that has happened to me way to many times mad.gif at least it hasn't been lately =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users