5 replies to this topic

#1 rick125

rick125

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:54 PM

I'm planning to remove the jewel and clear it. My questions are is there a hole under the jewel? And how do I glue the jewel down with it looking nice and clean since the jewel will now be clear. Thank you.

#2 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:55 PM

There isnt a hole beneath it, it's a recessed area on the case with a sticky pad to hold it in place, as to resecuring it, a dab of hot glue or super glue or what not on the bottom of it at the edges where it touches the newly cut hole will suffice

#3 rick125

rick125

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 12:14 AM

Hmm, I'm not planning to cut a hole under it, just get rid of the green. I haven't seen pictures of it done and was wondering would it still look clean.

#4 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 November 2003 - 01:18 AM

ah, i see what you're doing now, just to remove the green do this, remove the jewel using one of the many methods, then use one of the other many methods to clean it, I just grabbed some paint thinner and a old tshirt and started scrubing, you'd probably want to back it with something, or paint the back of it black, otherwise it prob wont look great

#5 ryrules1

ryrules1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:09 AM

cheak out this http://www.xbox-scen...s/neon-logo.php

#6 rick125

rick125

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 03:17 AM

Aww man, now I gotta paint it if i wanna do this. Do you guys have an idea of what black paint would look most like the Xbox black plastic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users