• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 astrozombie138

astrozombie138

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:56 PM

Ok so heres the story.. I got X2.2 pro, when I bought it the cromwell came up fine. So i read all the tuts and forums and got Evox. I made the ISO's just as directed etc. etc. so i flash the bios and then nothing.

Cromwell is gone so I cant boot from a CD anymore. so then I go for the PC connection. I've used every conceivable program to flash this thing but it just wont write to the chip. Cable is fine connections are fine. everything looks great and as it is supposed to be from all the tuts and forums but it just wont write. it will read and info but thats about it.

Any ideas? Im completely baffled.

Thanks
D.

#2 Whats in a name?

Whats in a name?

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (astrozombie138 @ Nov 29 2003, 01:56 AM)
Ok so heres the story.. I got X2.2 pro, when I bought it the cromwell came up fine. So i read all the tuts and forums and got Evox. I made the ISO's just as directed etc. etc. so i flash the bios and then nothing.

Cromwell is gone so I cant boot from a CD anymore. so then I go for the PC connection. I've used every conceivable program to flash this thing but it just wont write to the chip. Cable is fine connections are fine. everything looks great and as it is supposed to be from all the tuts and forums but it just wont write. it will read and info but thats about it.

Any ideas? Im completely baffled.

Thanks
D.

It sounds like your having the same problem as me. See "other ways to flash the Xecuter 2.2 Pro" I Got mine from XBox-Mods.com I hope there is a solution to this, because its driving me nuts.

#3 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:50 AM

Can you actually name the programs with which you've tried to flash the chip?

#4 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:55 AM

have you plugged the programmer straight into the port on your pc? using the newest xectuer bios manager? have the dip settings right? powered on your box and seen if the software detected it?

#5 iwannaplay

iwannaplay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 03:59 AM

i got the same problem
i used the x2bm v2 downloaded here, and it erases the bios, and then stop at flashing.
now turn on the my xbox, only black screen sad.gif
it can detect the x2, but cannot flash.
anybody help

Edited by iwannaplay, 29 November 2003 - 04:00 AM.

#6 ditch98

ditch98

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 12:35 PM

Same here, cromwell bios booted up, flashed ok, then rebooted and now it frags. I have two different x-boxes ver. 1.0 and 1.1 both happened the same way. Whats up.

#7 astrozombie138

astrozombie138

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 05:00 PM

Xeero, yeah I can name some of them. its all like a big haze at this point cause of so many over such a long period. Here are some of the ones I've tried: X2BM, ozxflash, X2PRO (dos) X2PRO (windows) FlashX and some others too, but there on a different computer. Basically, everytime I would read somethign that someone would try I would try it.

Doesnt sound like I'm the only one with this problem eh. I was on efnet: #evolutionx and talked with several people in there who walked me through some flashes. and they didnt know what the hell was going on either.

My situation is exactly like "Iwannaplay" thing flashed once, now is fraged and wont do anything.

#8 astrozombie138

astrozombie138

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 08:16 PM

X S Newbie... can you give me a link to " other ways to flash xbox bios" I looked and couldnt find it.

Thanks

#9 Whats in a name?

Whats in a name?

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 12:41 AM

Sorry, I gave you a poor discription, Its not a link. It was a post I put here on this site. I was just commenting on the fact that you’re having problems that sound very much like mine.

#10 Captain_Dan

Captain_Dan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:34 AM

I have had a similar problem on my X2.2 Pro . After trying several printer cables I eventually connected it directly to the computer. Everything was good to go and so I tried to flash the bios. It erased the cromwell and then stalled. I have tried a selection of the flash programs. Now it will not boot with the modchip turned on( no bios?). I ordered 2 modchips - one for me and one for a friend. I checked all my solders and then reconnected the new chip - boots to cromwell no worries. I tried connecting to the PC - detects but will not verify. I tried swapping the programmer cables for new ones - all to no avail. I am not keen to try to write the Bios to the second chip without it verifying or then I will have 2 erased mod chips - just what I need! Could this be an LPC problem or a PC/ Windows XP problem? Oh yeah - it is a version 1.3 Xbox.
Any ideas?
Thanks

#11 XOR

XOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 09:08 AM

You black screen is probably down to the internal clock resetting itself...

Reboot with your Mod OFF, reset your time in the original M$ Dash.

Reboot again with your Mod ON, this should now work.

Then search the threads on this firum as it has been mentioned many times already

#12 V8-Brute

V8-Brute

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 09:36 AM

hey astrozombie138 i had the same problem as you at first i tried everything to get the damn chip to flash ,but then i relize that i connected the FCC ribon cable the wrong way up to the chip thats why it wasn't reading...try checking your cable m8....
The blue part of the ribon should be facing outwards......hope this help u.....

#13 astrozombie138

astrozombie138

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 08:48 PM

XOR- That didn't work.

V8-Brute. The FCC ribbon is connected the right way. I have read lots of tuts on it and connected everything as the diagrams and pictures showed. So it shouldn't be a connection problem.

I just got my 2.2 lite programer in the mail and tried flashing the chip (I have decided to scrap the pro) and everything went along just great. it erased....flashed....verified everything was ok. but I still get the same crap as I did with my 2.2 pro. it just shuts off, comes on, shuts off, comes on and flashed red and green.

I'm getting pretty sick of wasting my money on this thing.

#14 DiscoDave

DiscoDave

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:15 AM

Again same story. I know everyhting is connected right. I got mine from xbox-modchips.com is this a common thread among you. when i try to verify the chip with x2bm it says
Error at flash address 0x00002D
Read [A0], Expecting [FF]

Whats up with this. The m$ dash boots just fine. Definitely something fishy about this chip.

#15 Captain_Dan

Captain_Dan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:58 AM

Exactly the same as Disco Dave. Dodgy chips?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users