• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 November 2003 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (SNICK! @ Nov 29 2003, 07:53 PM)
hi

unleash x would i be able to have the default skin? as i just want to change the orb from the green one to a big blue one.

please email it to nick@cowman1960.co.uk

cheerz

You can modify one of the simple skins. For example, take the Red or Green one, remove the entire ColorScheme Section, then look at the matrix skin to see how to change the Orb image.

#17 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (nagmine @ Nov 29 2003, 08:39 PM)
I was trying to make some skins last night. But only one thing how do u get rid of the blur in the middle. I kinda find it annoying.

The Fog? I thought that was a nice touch, gives a real 3D look wink.gif . I'm gonna put some attribute to turn it off.

#18 SNICK!

SNICK!

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do), motocross, gameconsoles and pc, Boxing, Shooting, Butchering.

Posted 29 November 2003 - 07:49 PM

ok i fiddled about with it and learned a load of stuff about unleash x (which made me make it my default dash)

so i made a skin with the background of my site and the orb from Gcue's true blue ms dash hack so i combinded the 2 and its awesome!

i will upload it too axs tommorow as its on m xbox computer at the moment

cheerz

oh ps unleashx do you need anymore devs on your team if you make a next release? as i would like to help.

cheerz

#19 amstrad

amstrad

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 November 2003 - 08:35 PM

I know a way you could help!
The UnleashX website I'm building, we need artists, problem-solvers and skinners...I want to make this the best damn dashboardx website ever, and with your help I can!

Email me: scarsr2@aol.com
AIM me: scarsr2
MSN messenger me: scarsr2@hotmail.com

(you can tell Im a man of consistancy with all those scarsr2's) smile.gif

#20 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 10:16 PM

(you can tell Im a man of consistancy with all those scarsr2's)

i thought the scars meant you just liked getting cut.

/me puts away the razor sharp blade for latter.

#21 PuddWakkr

PuddWakkr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:19 AM

Quick question for hydraulix and KF. Does the order in which things are placed in the skin.xml make a difference? Like in MXM can I create overlays by placing an object later in the xml? Working on a skin for this dash just to see how it works and my router is having issues so I can't test right now.

#22 hydraulix

hydraulix

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:23 AM

correct me if im wrong, but I believe there is only a single later <background>back.png</background> and it always sits below the stats objects, but above the globe.

since the skins support png's with transparencies, you can basically create any overlays in the PNG and use it for the background.

dunno if that helps any.

#23 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (PuddWakkr @ Nov 30 2003, 12:19 PM)
Quick question for hydraulix and KF. Does the order in which things are placed in the skin.xml make a difference? Like in MXM can I create overlays by placing an object later in the xml? Working on a skin for this dash just to see how it works and my router is having issues so I can't test right now.

here's my original question:

I was able to get <Image Opacity="90" Top="100" Left="25" Width="115" Height="100">defaulticon.jpg</image> as an additional image to work. In this instance it was suppose to go behind the game icon on the left (unleashed skin) so that a default icon would show when a game icon wasnt available but I couldnt set the z-index/layer order. Is there a way to do this? I thought it might work like MXM and the first thing load goes to the back, and everything is loaded on top of that..doesnt seem to be the case though.

and UnleashX's response:

Not on top of the menu. The Menu gets drawn last. You can overlay a png (assuming you have provided the proper transparency) over anything except the menu. The order of drawing is this: Globe (spinning sphere), custom background, orb, Game Icon, custom images, shapes, infotext, then the menu. The orb will accept images with transparency. If you have ralliSport, try selecting that.

should answer that question pretty well.

#24 PuddWakkr

PuddWakkr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2003 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the reply's. Guess I can scrap my WIP biggrin.gif

#25 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (PuddWakkr @ Nov 30 2003, 11:24 PM)
Thanks for the reply's. Guess I can scrap my WIP biggrin.gif

Or wait till the next release? Which isn't too far, by the way wink.gif

#26 hydraulix

hydraulix

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:06 AM

Please define what is a "Custom Image" and how is it different from a standard background and what is its XML tag. I wish to lay a translucent feathered image on top of the Game Icon, but cannot figure this out for my next skin.

#27 hydraulix

hydraulix

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:13 AM

nevermind, got it after a little messing around.

<Image>image.png</Image> will be drawn on top of the game icon display, excellent!

New skin almost done!

#28 hydraulix

hydraulix

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:35 AM

work in progress, im kinda stumped at the moment,

any ideas greatly appreciated, I think the top is bare, I was gonna slap the game icon previews right in the top middle, but now im having second thoughts.

user posted image

#29 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:54 AM

The green default skin is very nice (main Orb could be a little bigger for perfection) its like the nexgen we never got.

Great dash, looking forward to seeing any future versions! smile.gif

Edited by Dunny, 01 December 2003 - 11:55 AM.

#30 derson

derson

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:15 PM

Hydraulix - great look'n dash! Make sure to leave enough room in the inet config section to support all triple numbers and hard coded IPs "000.000.000.000 STATIC"

Also, once the DVDTitle tag gets implemented, that would be cool under DVD Tray, although it may be tight for space.

I agree that putting the game icon in the top middle would take away from the professionalism that this dash gives... but maybe include it as an option, since many can't read and need the icon to know what game they are selecting :-)

I love it though!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users