X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2004 - 11:31 PM

user posted image

I thought I would take a stab at converting the really sweet looking MXM skin called "The Architect". I didn't add any E, F, G drive or IP info etc etc. I didn't make the video animations, Ice-Pr did and he did a really amazing job with the animation and loading intros. The loading animation is a zoom in of the skin up close and the camera does a fly by over the face of it and then zooms away and the last frame of the animation is what the actual skin is. Then on top of that the main skin is a video background with cool looking mechanical/electricity effects and green smoke moving around in the background. The loading screen does some more mechanical fancy animations and then flashes a bright white light (like a camera flash) before your selection starts. I tried to upload it to allxboxskins but they aren't accepting uploads at the moment so you can get it at www.xbox-skins.net for now (cleverly called "The Architect UX"). Yeah I know I didn't do the best job in the world of porting it over so feel free to change it up and improve on it. The only thing I custom made was the outer edge covering around the preview video to make it fit inside of the "X" sphere. Ok enough talk, just download it and toy with it etc. Have fun and big thanks to Ice-Pr for the awesome skin design.

#752 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 March 2004 - 02:19 AM

The last time I ported a skin the original author of the skin got pissed! rolleyes.gif

Yeah... it does sound kind of dumb doesn't it?

#753 jason6300

jason6300

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:51 AM

I love this skin (use it in another dasboard)
Was waiting for it to come over to this one!
BTW I don't have any sound in the intro.wmv (title.wmv)
And the bgvid2.wmv Any Ideas!!??

#754 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2004 - 12:46 PM

When the videos were originally made, there was no sound or music encoded with it. Maybe if someone else out there knows of any tools to re-encode the movie files to add music to it then we can fix it. Only the "now loading" screen has audio, so you should at least be able to hear something from that.

The last time I ported a skin the original author of the skin got pissed! 

Yeah... it does sound kind of dumb doesn't it?

Yeah, it's hard to see why someone would get pissed off about someone else trying to make their work more popular. Unless the person porting it over tried to take full credit for someone elses work, then I can understand. No one is charging money for any of these skins, so it's not like I am making money off of it (or taking any credit for it either). I really wanted that skin for myself to use on unleashx, and I heard some other people around here say they wanted that skin seen on their unleashx also, so I just figure I would share what I made for myself. If anyone gets offended by it, they can always take the file off their website. I was just trying to make the world a better place for all of us unleash-x fans. rolleyes.gif

#755 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:57 PM

It would be really cool if you could get that animation at the beginning like it loads in MXM. I have this skin for MXM but now UnleashX is my primary dash. I was hoping someone could port this skin with the intro vids! wink.gif

#756 ilonely2

ilonely2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Unleashing the power of X.

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Ed_209 @ Mar 7 2004, 09:46 AM)

When the videos were originally made, there was no sound or music encoded with it. Maybe if someone else out there knows of any tools to re-encode the movie files to add music to it then we can fix it. Only the "now loading" screen has audio, so you should at least be able to hear something from that.

I use Ulead Media Studio Pro to reencode movies and add sound to them. It works like a charm.

#757 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:51 AM

hahaha oops. i stated a topic for mine oh well they will probly move it. hears a dbz one i did. i guess its hear untill allxboxskins allows uploads again. yes its a video skin.

user posted image

hears a download

and to replay to that if you whant audio enabled on your intro or anyother video you need to enable it.

</Information>
<IntroMovie Enableaudio="[enaud1]">[drive][Skindir]\[customdir]\Intro.wmv</IntroMovie>

Edited by luther349, 08 March 2004 - 09:00 AM.

#758 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:06 PM

user posted image

w.i.p, suggestions?

Edited by Dunny, 09 March 2004 - 03:07 PM.

#759 Twilight

Twilight

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:36 PM

@ Dunny: Very smoth and clean, as usual with your skins smile.gif

It looks super this way. If you are going to add a lot more info text please, release 2 versions, one clean like this one.

BTW how do you make the menu "non straight", to curve it after the circle like that?? blink.gif

#760 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Twilight @ Mar 9 2004, 07:36 PM)
BTW how do you make the menu "non straight", to curve it after the circle like that?? blink.gif

the new release allows you to position each menu item mate, checkout the updated default skin that comes with Unleash X for an example.

#761 openwindow

openwindow

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:27 PM

@dunny

Awesome work man! My only suggestions: Remove the version number, to add to the "cleanliness" of the skin. Also, I'd like to see Song Title and possibly Song Time in the lower left. Some people might not though, as it's a nice clean skin.

Can't wait for it!

#762 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 07:26 PM

I'll do a seperate stats version, I know some people prefer it without so I kept it simple.

#763 metalheadmikeb

metalheadmikeb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:51 PM

@dunny

Skin looks great. I've seen skins where when you select the menu item it shows the icon in the circle. Which i'm sure your going to do. I've also seen where it will show the preview video then if there isn't one it shows the icon. I've put preview videos on most of my menu items and when I'm looking for a skin thats what i look for the most.

#764 ravage73

ravage73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Dunny @ Mar 9 2004, 12:06 PM)
user posted image

w.i.p, suggestions?

i agree, very clean. i like your style.

#765 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:33 AM

It would be awesome if the bubble next to each title was a different color when you select that item. wink.gif

Maybe some of you skinners can help me with my issue here:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=185547

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users