582 replies to this topic

#151 Hectobleezy

Hectobleezy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:25 AM

I think DelayLoad is the best way to go....it means what it says....it delays the load of the menu....i dont think there would be confusion there.

#152 Hectobleezy

Hectobleezy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:39 AM

biggrin.gif Here is a wishlist item.....I love how you got that context menu (start button) on the games....is ther any way of adding an "UNINSTALL GAME" to that context menu? with a second confirmation to proceed? I know people will say it can be done in the file manager...or to get dvd2xbox...or complex tools.......but think about it....how many people still got folders named hdloader1x???? alot, so its hard to know what your deleting....plus loading a secondary app just to delete games is a waste of time....the ability to uninstall games from that context menu would be cool.

Thanks UnleashX, im sure your tired of hearing this, but your the greatest. Keep up the groundbreaking work.

#153 grebulon

grebulon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:50 AM

Uninstall feature can also delete the UDATA/TDATA folder with the gamesaves and all.

#154 lotw

lotw

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (yourwishismine @ Feb 8 2004, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (th3gh05t @ Feb 7 2004, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (raj @ Feb 8 2004, 04:15 AM)
What would be a really nice feature, but is probably more suited to XBMC (already posted there but no reply), would be the ability to rip audio CDs and encode into MP3s all in 1 process.  Same with DVDs to AVI.
Don't know how hard this would be cause i'm not a programmer, but that combined with being able to backup games straight from UnleashX without the need for other progs would be way cool.

I dont know if that will happen..

Can you put a program on there that will convert wma to mp3?

*SideNote*: First it would have to play .mp3s

1st of all... wma's are miles better...

2ndly if you really want to do that,

doing it on you pc while playing games on your xbox

would make TONs more sense...

3rd it doesn't need MP3 support... if lazy people would just convert their
mp3 collection. (yes, I had a 75GIG mp3 collection.. and set it to spin to wma
on my computer and wallah.. 2 days later.. I had a 75GIG MP3 collection and a 35GIG WMA collection, --- why was the WMA collection so much smaller, you might ask.. well, because they sound the same as MP3's at a lower bit rate... and compress better.. so I was able to encode at 96kbps (same as what the MS dashboard encodes at..) and saved space... so there you go.. WMA's are far superior ... BTW.. that is what the MS dashboard encodes to as well... so why would unleashx support MP3 when the default on the xbox is WMA... just convert them and save your self some space and have better files...

Converting you MP3 to WMA is a lame idea.

First you are taking an already compressed audio file and then further compressing it. Quality goes down.

Also the WMA is not a better format, except at lower bitrates and that is still questionable now.

Another point is why convert MP3s over to WMA when most newer car stereos and even home ones can play MP3, not WMA. You are making your collection useless except on the Xbox and a few handheld players.

#155 aaronsam

aaronsam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Hectobleezy @ Feb 24 2004, 08:39 AM)
biggrin.gif Here is a wishlist item.....I love how you got that context menu (start button) on the games....is ther any way of adding an "UNINSTALL GAME" to that context menu? with a second confirmation to proceed? I know people will say it can be done in the file manager...or to get dvd2xbox...or complex tools.......but think about it....how many people still got folders named hdloader1x???? alot, so its hard to know what your deleting....plus loading a secondary app just to delete games is a waste of time....the ability to uninstall games from that context menu would be cool.

Thanks UnleashX, im sure your tired of hearing this, but your the greatest. Keep up the groundbreaking work.

Yup i second that

#156 El Pollo Diablo

El Pollo Diablo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:21 PM

Sorry if this has been said before but I don't feel like reading 11 pages atm. I thought if sub directorys could be nominated, or automatically detected to show them at the top of a list. For example, say you have a 'Dashboards' list inside the 'Applications' list. ATM if theres stuff in the Applications list the dashboard list gets sorted with the Ds. I'd like it to put it at the top of the list and perhaps show it in another font or have a picture of a folder next to it. I'm used to the idea of folders being shown at the top of file lists and files following it. It could be nominated with a tag like <Subdirectory="True"> for those people who like it the way it is.

#157 [BiA]FRAGMAN

[BiA]FRAGMAN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:15 AM

Hi UnleashX

As I've now fully switched over to using your dashboard as my default, I'm even more interested in getting the features I'm really longing for.

First, I've experienced the problems with file-scanning on entering submenus, and with my 300GB HDD it really takes some time.
So... I've got this idea that maybe you could make an option to really optimize the loadtime. How about making an option to scan the directories from a menu-entry. This way the user decides when to scan for new xbe's and the 10-20 seconds wont be an issue because it is only done when you choose it.
Also, I've tried moving everything from items.xml into my settings-file, but this didn't help much. Maybe you could optimize it so icons, xbe-names, regions and everything could be stored in one sequential file that would be fast to read at bootup?

Secondly, I cannot help mentioning my dreamfeatures: controller button combo passwords and ftp-client. Are these features on your list or should I try to forget them?

Thank you for making the greatest dashboard ever (atleast for me). Keep up the good work and never burn out! biggrin.gif

#158 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:30 AM

@[BiA]FRAGMAN,
The DelayLoad option will give the user an option to scan the title list at startup, or when s/he enters the submenu. The current version only scans for required files the first time you enter a submenu. With the DelayLoad option, you can choose to scan game titles at startup then defer the application list.

Secondly, I cannot help mentioning my dreamfeatures: controller button combo passwords and ftp-client. Are these features on your list or should I try to forget them?

I'm working on ftp client.

#159 [BiA]FRAGMAN

[BiA]FRAGMAN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:29 AM

Thank you for the answers, but I don't think I made it clear what my suggestion would do. I'll just make a quick positive/negativ chart to let you see my point smile.gif

Delayload on:
+ Fast at bootup
- Slow when entering menus
- Reboot when installing new apps over FTP

Delayload off:
+ Fast menus
- Slow at bootup
- Reboot when installing new apps over FTP

Menu refresh (my suggestion):
+ Fast at bootup
+ Fast menus
+ No need to reboot to update menus when installing apps over FTP
- Remember to refresh manually

I also want to explain why Controller-Button-Combo-Passwords are so important to me. I bring my Xbox to friends and LANs where I cannot monitor what people are doing all the time, but I still let them play my games. By accident/fun/pure evil they can easily render it unbootable from the filemanager and other tools I use, and when I need to access password protected items, people will always be able to see which characters I stop at on the virtual keyboard and that way learn my password. I've been missing password-protection since I first got EvoX, and yours is great but takes too much work when inputting from virtual keyboard to justify it and people can easily snatch the password. I know you say it is easier to hide controllers and stuff, but I just want to protect certain items while others are free for people to use.
Even if it was just for the X-Y-B-A buttons it would be just great. I will not bug you with this any further, but I felt I needed to let you know why it was an important feature for me.

Edited by [BiA]FRAGMAN, 26 February 2004 - 11:05 PM.

#160 [BiA]FRAGMAN

[BiA]FRAGMAN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:09 AM

How about an option to backup/restore and delete savegames from the context-menu (start button) in the menus? I would think it would be easy to implement and very functional. What do you think?

#161 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:29 AM

Password using gamepad will be in the next major release. I discussed this in one of the threads here.

Anything game/gamesave related will be in its own section. It's one of the lined-up feature by the way. Its enough to say that Game/Gamesave manager will be there, I can't discuss anything further since I haven't started on it yet, but I'm hoping it's gonna be one of the features people will use most.

#162 LatinLover

LatinLover

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:12 PM

My wish is that i can set how long it takes to start the preview-video in the menu.

Because i was using MxM and their the videos start immediately and that is very nice!!!

LL

#163 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 02:26 AM

I think savestates should be implemented into the newest version! wink.gif

#164 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 February 2004 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Feb 27 2004, 07:26 PM)
I think savestates should be implemented into the newest version! wink.gif

patience young grasshopper :-D

#165 gamepc

gamepc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 09:16 AM

first wish Unleash Support Mutil-Languange just like Chinese/Janpanses.

the menu and File Explorer can use chinese charset just like XBMP (XMPC can't do this)

File Explorer can support SMB/XNS

File Explorer can do Photo slideshow

File Explorer can do movie sileshow and playlist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users