Kthulu

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:40 AM

there's another side-problem with this 'uninstall but leave media' option...

when you use Action="CopyDVD" to re-install the game, it will create a new folder and put the games files in IT instead of the original directory where the dash-media files are. that makes this idea not very convenient unless you want to re-install from filemanager by going into the correct directory and then selecting Copy Disk...

#362 YipYip

YipYip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (unleashx @ Jul 24 2004, 04:52 AM)
On another note, I though I saw someone asking for command line, yes, it's there already, in an X-Port way:
<Item Action="F:\Emu\MyEmu.xbe" Arg1="MyRom">Greatest Emu ever</Item>

Ok, thanks! I've seen other people requesting this feature, and the tutorial doesn't mention that it is possible, so it might be good to include that example in the tutorial. cool.gif

As for my other wishes (SkinOverride attribute on list elements and restoring last menu position after exiting game/rebooting), my guess is that they'd be easy to implement, right?

In the meantime, I just thought of a workaround for the skin override. I could create separate copies of UnleashX for each of my themed menus. I'll try that. Hey, that way, I guess I could even customize the path for the background music for each of the menus! biggrin.gif

It still would be cool, though, to have the dashboard restore itself to the last menu and item selected, in which case having "SkinOverride" would be nice (and to still have custom music, you could add a "MusicOverride" attribute too).

Anyhow, you've done an awesome job! I don't know how you do it all yourself!

#363 Kthulu

Kthulu

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:42 AM

In the meantime, I just thought of a workaround for the skin override. I could create separate copies of UnleashX for each of my themed menus. I'll try that. Hey, that way, I guess I could even customize the path for the background music for each of the menus!

hey Yip Yip, no need to have multiple copies of the xbe. maybe this is what you were thinking...
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=249039
that topic could fit your desires i think.

#364 snake3k1

snake3k1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:47 PM

REQUEST:

Port Evox Trainers into the unleash dash.

Make flash bios an option (if it is not already one, i am new to unleashx, comin off of evox).

#365 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:48 AM

Add screen saver option in skins. That way people can pack screen savers to be used ONLY with that skin.

#366 MacK3

MacK3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:59 AM

ok, it's time to some cool and interesting suggestions to this great dashboard.

There is some cool and useful tools seen in Avalaunch dashboard.
The X-Link Kai Engine and the irc client.
u can add them to the next release?

thanks

Edited by MacK3, 26 July 2004 - 07:00 AM.

#367 Striker2k2

Striker2k2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:28 AM

an option in the xml parsing to define the space between menu icon and the menu text so every skinner can choose how much he wants and an option to set the size of the icon
icon option for main menu/others with no icon set, so skinners can supply there own icons only to be used with that skin

Edited by Striker2k2, 26 July 2004 - 10:30 AM.

#368 Instinct[DA]

Instinct[DA]

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

able to boot linux. so you can just have linux on your hdd, then when you want, it will load it.... im a newb at this so it might already, may be impossable, ect....

#369 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:45 AM

Ok I'm pretty sure Ive said these before this is my top 3 wishlist

1) ftp client file manager
2) Samba shares support for copying to and from you PC with the filemanager
3) Intergration of the DVD2Xbox Game ripping and ACL Patching code with the ability to have preset dump folders like dvd2xbox. Sorry but the copy disc menu just isn't powerfull enough for me smile.gif

#370 Crypty

Crypty

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:07 AM

Id like a way to make it so the passcode feature doesnt bring up a screen with a combo entry bar and instructions. Like maybe when you hit A on a passcode protected menu it should get highlighted a different color then you enter the code.
The reason this would be useful is because I would like the convenience of a 1 button passcode without the inconvenience of my brother being able to guess at it for 3 minutes and get through.

#371 Xaerin

Xaerin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:21 AM

In the download skins menu, an option to sort skins by date uploaded so you don't have to know the name of the skin you want or download every preview picture to find it.

An in-dash option to choose whether or not the bgm or the preview video takes priority so if you want to hear the bgm uninterrupted the preview vids won't have sound, if bgm isn't on the preview vids sound will play and an option if you want bgm but also want to hear the vids sound.

Ability to force menu items to use the default icon after they've found one themselves, I'm getting homebrew games for which I have not set a custom icon using icons of other apps/games.

#372 MacK3

MacK3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:16 PM

Another wish:
Lock/Unlock HDD

#373 YipYip

YipYip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Kthulu @ Jul 25 2004, 03:45 AM)

hey Yip Yip,  no need to have multiple copies of the xbe.  maybe this is what you were thinking...
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=249039
that topic could fit your desires i think.

That is an interesting solution to the problem, but it requires a reboot and reloading of the UnleashX program (my solution of separate copies of the XBE also requires reloading of the program). Either way is slower than switching skins on-the-fly. UnleashX already supports switching skins on-the-fly (via the skin selection screen), so I think it would be a simple matter to allow a "List" element to specify its own skin to use.

It seems, though, that a more flexible solution (solving the wishes of many people) would be to allow on-the-fly switching and reloading of the config.xml (without requiring a reboot). I think there are at least 6 people (so far) interested in this (myself, yourself, BOT_toNka [who also replied to my post], and the 3 people that replied to your post).

Basically, I imagine a "LoadConfig" action command that, when called, loads an alternate config file (specified in Arg1), including loading the menus. Then, people could even publish config.xml files that could be treated as submenus (with alternate skins/bgm/etc.) with a single action command. For example:

CODE
<Item Action="LoadConfig" Arg1="F:\HomebrewGames\UnleashXConfig.xml">Homebrew Games</Item>

That's basically your script solution, but in a single line and without requiring a reboot. wink.gif Although, if the LoadConfig command is implemented as a temporary change, then you could still use your script to copy the files around, but replace the "PowerCycle" command with a "LoadConfig" command that loads the main, default Config.xml (which would be faster than a PowerCycle). Maybe Mr. UnleashX could also include an "Arg2" option that is "True" if you want the change to be permanent ("False" otherwise). If the change is not permanent, then pressing "Back" on the root of the temporary config should return you to the previous config file.

#374 colossus

colossus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:33 PM

Flash Bios would be great. I also like that screensaver built into the skin idea.

#375 Daggerx

Daggerx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:49 PM

I would like to see with the file manager
the ability to overwrite the file if
the file already exist
instead of deleting the file and then moving it.

from the left to the rigth window

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users