582 replies to this topic

#106 dr.no

dr.no

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 08:47 AM

hmm. if you add in .mp3-support, ill use this dash as default.

#107 smacka

smacka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 09:16 AM

maybe some1 should make this thread sticky

#108 mamajo

mamajo

'Forza Azzurri'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2004 - 11:22 PM

Talk to the team who makes those dashes if they want to get in on Kai. Team Avalaunch have been interested in this for a long time, so that's why they'll be the first to do this.

We don't make them, even though all of the new ones including UnleashX are awesome.

Quote from one of the developers of Xlink Kai. If Ava gets support for Kai then UnleashX has to have it! laugh.gif

UnleashX would you be interested in implementing Xlink into your dash?

#109 Jawaad87

Jawaad87

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 11:43 PM

I definitely recommend that you guys have an option to connect to http://www.xbox-saves.com/ through the dashboard.

Already Avalaunch has done this, and its a KICKASS feature, I really recommend it please please please put it in.

Anybody here second that?

#110 dragonforce99

dragonforce99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Jawaad87 @ Jan 5 2004, 01:43 AM)
I definitely recommend that you guys have an option to connect to http://www.xbox-saves.com/ through the dashboard.

Already Avalaunch has done this, and its a KICKASS feature, I really recommend it please please please put it in.

Anybody here second that?

2nd that biggrin.gif

I like it when the dashboard can interact with the internet ( gamesaves, xlink, etc. all the these are nice features! )

#111 bloodshot_17

bloodshot_17

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:48 PM

Excellent Dash!! UleashX is by far the nicest dash I have used and skinned on. I would like to see a button in future release to be able to either turn on/off the game preview movies or a way to just hit a button for the highlighted option to view the preview. Once or twice I had my box lock up when I swithed to the next game and a movie was just starting. Maybe white button or something would be cool(to queue the preview).

Anyway hats off to UnleashX he has done a great job with this dash.

#112 MissSplitch

MissSplitch

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2004 - 10:22 PM

I always see wacko requests for features that won't even have an infrastructure in 5 years to support it.

I don't have much of a requests list, since I just got into UnleashX the other day, but I would like to request that more time be spent on legitimate, console-centric features than things like email, web, and newsfeeds. In 5 years, there won't be any news to feed. Skip it. Saves downloads and all that are way out of the scope of what a dashboard needs.

It was laughable when people wanted an IRC/AIM client in their Avalaunch (though I suppose they got it) let's not fuck up another good dashboard with useless eyecandy to make you feel 1337. "ZOMG! I AM IN CHATROOM ON XBOX!" If you've got to hook up anything but a controller to the box to use it, skip it.

Keep up the great work on the dash; it's well appreciated. smile.gif

#113 the joker

the joker

Avalaunch Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:58 PM

It was laughable when people wanted an IRC/AIM client in their Avalaunch (though I suppose they got it) let's not fuck up another good dashboard with useless eyecandy to make you feel 1337. "ZOMG! I AM IN CHATROOM ON XBOX!" If you've got to hook up anything but a controller to the box to use it, skip it.

we wrote IRC client as one of the first things in avalaunch - mainly to see if it'd be the right angle. Same way we added filemanager and a bucketload of other things everyone now takes for granted.

I know you're against trying out new things - but try to keep an open mind, or noone will ever get anywhere. Statements like that is what makes dedicated developers wondering if it's all worth the effort.

#114 mingwingming

mingwingming

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:creating dance and ambient music in me mini studio,chillin out on the xboxs with friends and beer !!
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:30 AM

CODE
[QUOTE] I always see wacko requests for features that won't even have an infrastructure in 5 years to support it.[/QUOTE]

In 5 years time lets hope we are here discussing Xbox3 and the xbox we now know will be in the Free-ads or the Bin with the rest of the old consoles !!

I say if it can do it , then add it.. If you dont want the feature either disable it if possible or dont use it.. Lets keep the scene moving forward competition is great and at the moment Ava pips the rest with its Online features IMHO, for my (unknowledgable) friends updating the dashboard, the Skins and downloading Games saves online along with IRC and its FTP capabilities rule , saves me updating xboxes all over the place aswell as clogging up my PC with downloads from Xbins.. smile.gif

As for the ultimate dash well it has to be a combination of Avalaunch and XBMP now that would truly be something.. If Team Avalaunch , Unleash or whoever could pull that off that would be the dash I would use.. Heres Dreaming..

Maybe their should be a GAME HEAD MODE for peeps like youself MissSplitch !!
But for me personally I would have it on ADVANCED ASS KICKIN LOOK AT THAT MODE.. tongue.gif

#115 Jsmith

Jsmith

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:54 AM

lol....You guys are too much. Let's recap. You want:

Hard Drive Temperature Readings
Bios Flashing,
Dynamic Fan Speeds based on temperature measurements
Unrar support
Pop Mail Checking
Headset communicator support to allow for long distance communication
A Web Browser
CDDA to MP3 converter
Disk Defragmenter
IGR that's not buggy
:
:
:
All this with a small footprint and quick loading time.

Ok. That shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure he'll get right on top of that. First the integrated coffee maker needs to be completed though.

Good thing he never sleeps.

#116 EvoxFreak

EvoxFreak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:08 AM

Integrated Coffee Maker?! How about an integrated Borito Maker?! Could we have one of those to? jester.gif

#117 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:19 AM

lol well put i dont mind the amout of space it takes up but i do want it to load quickly, i think most of these requests would be better as apps (eg. why do you need a bios flasher as part of the dash its not used that much.)

now for my requests
i like that it makes a new config when the config file messes up but it'd be nice if you could specify a backup config to replace it rather then UX creating a new one

another request
make stuff like showarrows, rotate, and other stuff that has to do with menu behavyer configurabl in config.xml as these are more user preferance then skin spacific settings

Edited by tweaqr, 08 January 2004 - 05:04 AM.

#118 MissSplitch

MissSplitch

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (the joker @ Jan 5 2004, 08:58 PM)
we wrote IRC client as one of the first things in avalaunch - mainly to see if it'd be the right angle. Same way we added filemanager and a bucketload of other things everyone now takes for granted.

I know you're against trying out new things - but try to keep an open mind, or noone will ever get anywhere. Statements like that is what makes dedicated developers wondering if it's all worth the effort.

Well, for whatever reason anyone wrote anything, that's fine by me; however I'm still just as entitled to say "Feature X is a complete waste of time" as every overzealous dip around here is to presume to request outlandish features. The more the XBOX turns into the all-in-one cheapo PC, the higher the likelihood of closed-architecture PCs in coming years.

I'm not against trying out new things; if I was I wouldn't have bothered with UX, I had my EvoX all skinned and nice, setup just the way I like it with only minor changes for the past year. I just choose what new things are worth trying out. When Ava came out, the main thing it appeared to be geared around was the filetable bypasses and the IRC. I don't need a frontend for my files, nor do I hook up a keyboard to my xbox, so I didn't hop on. When I saw what MXM did with skins, I debated jumping on there; when I got tired of the longer load times, the dumb matrix effect all over the place, and the inability to remove "MEDIA X MENU" from the boot screen, I said skip it. UX has been the first dash so far that didn't plaster "UNLEASHX" all over the place, allowed for some heavier skinning abilities than main/load pictures, and didn't church it up with features I wasn't interested in (although I'm in early, so who's to say what direction things will take, or if eventually I'll want something I can't see using now.)

I hope Ava continues. Just as I hope everything else continues. I don't play Halo, like 80% of the world seems to, but I hope the Halo hacking continues, as even 1 small bit of that might cause someone else to make something I like. But I also hope that when people congratulate you and sing your praises on one side, that you know there are people who don't on the other side. If it thickens your skin a bit, hey, that's life; maybe it will put that nagging doubt in your head that makes you say "Well, I'm going to skip that for now and work on this other aspect," which will only strengthen your end result.

I was a cross-platform dev for years. If hearing the silent majority, or even 1 person say a feature you've written isn't worth it makes you question why you do it, then please, don't do it. With the way these leaks take to the people who port emulators, you would think these programs were dead children. Oh no, DoomX was leaked. Well, think twice, maybe three times about the people you're trusting on the net. If it's the dedication you're concerned about, continue developing. If it's not, or you just want to stop that particular project, go ahead, stop it for any reason, blame it on anything, none of us can make you do otherwise.

Dedication != Attention-whoring. Here's to continued forward progression in all areas of the xbox "scene."

#119 the joker

the joker

Avalaunch Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 January 2004 - 10:29 AM

I'm still just as entitled to say "Feature X is a complete waste of time"

Actually - many people also said filemanager was a waste of time. Does that mean we shouldn't add it ? Would you not use a program because of a feature it had that you wouldnt use ? smile.gif

Entitled to say what you feel, but you're not entitled to say "It was laughable" about a project you're not in.

Edited by the joker, 09 January 2004 - 10:30 AM.

#120 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:20 PM

the ability to read the config file off the hdd when run from a dvd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users